Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blood pressure monitor Galaxy 4

(Topic created on: 17-11-2022 10:05 AM)
Sandie01
Journeyman
Options
My galaxy4 watch shows me with low blood pressure but the monitor shows high, would believe monitor as it's roughly the same now as it was before I bought the watch. The watch was calibrated and has been every 28 days. Not much use to me.
7 REPLIES 7
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
5 pro here 👋

As much as I hate this watch when it comes to Fitness related software..

The blood pressure recording of my 5 pro is.. Absolutely wow wow.. 95% accurate and the remaining 5% has no medical decisions making influence either positive or negative

So my watch 5 pro, in my experience in relation to BP, for general use absolutely good and accurate and I stand by that

My advice
Don't wait for 28 days calibration, I calibrate it every 2 weeks

If you have a high quality Cuff BP monitor, check the reading of it and during updating BP app on the phone pay attention to Systolic and Diastolic weakness in the watch's reading against your machine and add the numbers off settings the differences

I am sorry my explanation may not be clear as I am in a rush, I will come back to you later
spritestar
First Poster
Options
Go to a doctor you will get a better answer,don't rely on a machine
0 Likes
shaneybhoy
Explorer
Options
Connected to my defibrillator is that OK to you
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

The doctor will still use a machine. Blood pressure monitors usually are accurate. The watch might not be as accurate, but I agree with you, going to a doctor is the best course of action if anyone might be suffering from hypertension.

0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

I would trust the blood pressure monitor over the watch. The watch has been calibrated using the device that implies that the watch cannot be more accurate than the device.

So, if your device is giving a high blood pressure reading whilst on a rest position consistently, then you should seek a professional to assess the situation. Calling your GP and raising your concerns would be the first thing to do.

You could do some prep work before you see your GP. Using the device, measure your blood pressure twice in the morning and afternoon/evening, leaving at least a minute within each consecutive measure and record these four  readings each day. You could then find the average off all readings during the morning/evening/day/week/etc.

Most blood pressure monitors will also give you the pulse and will record the date and time of the reading. Please note that the average should be done for each reading separately (systolic - big number and diastolic - small number) Blood pressure is also age dependant, what it is consider high in young people might be consider normal on older people. 

0 Likes
Sandie01
Journeyman
Options
Thank you, that's very helpful, I am already under GP for monitoring, not on meds just yet thankfully.
0 Likes
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

It is good to know that your GP is already aware. Do not feel too bad, if you need medication. Hypertension could be affected by lifestyle but it is not always the case. One could have a very healthy diet, do regular exercise, be young, doing everything right and still have high blood pressure. Meds are usually very effective and with little side effects, so even if you need meds, it will be OK. All the best.