Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Blood Oxygen sleep monitoring

(Topic created on: 25-08-2021 08:29 PM)
Nickh101
Explorer
Options

Has anyone had a problem with the oxygen monitor not working while you're asleep. 

I can't get it to monitor me while i sleep at all on my new Galaxy Watch 4. 

Bugging me i have to say. 
As far as im aware its correctly fitted on my wrist and can take a reading anytime using the watch and its turned on in Samsung health to monitor while sleeping. But not a single night has this worked yet. 

UPDATE.... 

You will be pleased to know I've just installed a new update this morning on the watch and the option to turn on blood oxygen monitoring is now in the settings for samsung health on the watch... 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
AntS
Options

Hi guys!

One of my colleagues confirmed what Nickh101 said in their updated OP: BUH9 update for the Watch should have this feature now:

Screenshot 2021-08-27 114202.png

They've advised that once the update is installed, update the Samsung Health app and make sure it's turned on.

And another user here: https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/wearables/galaxy-watch-4-classic-oxygen-sleep-not-working/m-p/38...  has also confirmed the feature works for them now. 

View solution in context

25 REPLIES 25
Sybexx
Navigator
Options

I can't get mine to work either 😞

RXM
Troubleshooter
Options
Same
PawPaw
Pathfinder
Options
It's another of the many bugs with this new wearOS software....Samsung say they are aware of these issues and will be addressing them with updates
Nickh101
Explorer
Options
Glad its not just me 😅
0 Likes
Nickh101
Explorer
Options
That's good to hear... still love the watch and glad i waited and didn't pull the trigger on the 3
0 Likes
Jackojack
Apprentice
Options

Same here, Watch 4, blood oxygen works fine manually but does not record whilst sleeping even though selected on in the SH app.

The US community has a thread similar to this, hopefully it gets sorted in an update soon.

omnimax
Voyager
Options

You have to open the Samsung Health app on the watch and scroll down to settings and go to "Measurements" and under "Blood oxygen during sleep" you pick "Measure constantly" - by default it's set to "Don't measure" even if you set it up everywhere else.

Wilko71
Journeyman
Options
I only have the option for heart rate and stress, no blood oxygen?
Jackojack
Apprentice
Options

I only have Heart rate and Stress available under measurements. In the SH health app on watch.

Galaxy watch 4.