Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bit of a moan (sorry)

(Topic created on: 31-12-2022 10:32 PM)
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Last Christmas I got some money from a few people and, ad I'd been gifted a Galaxy watch, I thought it prudent to pick up Samsung charger pad so that I could charge phone and watch together. I spent on an official charger because I don't believe in taking risks with knock-off chargers, and it wasn't cheap. But it's been a really good investment. Up until now. 

This year I decided to treat myself and trade up to a 5 Pro. I'm clumsy and spend a lot of time working around vehicles and equipment, so the robust design and build of the 5 Pro appealed.

I was chuffed to pieces with the watch until I went to place it on the charger for the first time, and found that the design of the strap makes it impossible to sit the watch on the charging pad. 

As far as I can tell, there isn't a fix for this, so I'm back to having two sockets out of commission, and I'm effectively out of pocket, having spent money and fair words on a wireless charging pad that is not compatible with my new watch. 

This is all fairly rubbish from Samsung. I love their gear as a rule. But nonsense like this is infuriating. 

0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
There is one method you could try, without taking the watch strap off to use the wireless charger. You could always twist or turn the watch strap so the buckle is facing the watch face. So your kind of doing the strap up the opposite way. I've read that quite a few people are doing this, so they don't have to keep taking the strap off to use there wireless charger.
keith30
Maestro
Options
You have to take the watch strap off first before you are able to charge it up. Bit of a usance I believe.
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Thanks, but that still involves removing the adjustment that fits my wrist, and then going through the hassle of readjusting the following morning...which defeats the object of the strap. It makes more sense to just use the wire that came with the watch. I can't believe Samsung haven't thought this through – or maybe they did and they expect us to buy yet another device. Its just very poor from them. 😒
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Yeah, not doing that.
0 Likes
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
You could buy another strap. I know you shouldn't have to, it's the actual strap that comes with the 5 Pro that causes the issue. Changing the watch strap would solve the issue.
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Yep. Been thinking about that option. Bit silly that I should need to, really.
0 Likes
Mouse7
Pathfinder
Options
I avoided this problem by using a stand you place your charging puck into so that the watch is held in a vertical position .
They are available for a few pounds online.
The one in the picture with a watch on it is the one I bought for my Galaxy Watch 3 but it also charges the Galaxy Watch 5,the other picture is of the new one for my new watch 5.61IN6Dv8uSL._AC_SX679__1000003189_1672525595.jpg51fNI7Oh94L._AC_SX522__1000003188_1672525547.jpg
0 Likes
ALSY
Navigator
Options
Yep, seen those. Doesn't change the fact that the official Samsung wireless charger I paid a fortune for because it supports two devices is no good now and I have to use a separate device to charge the watch. Thanks for playing, though.
ClaudiaMM77
Explorer
Options
I have a similar problem and not found a solution yet. My watch still has the original parts so no straps and all.. yet it does not sit properly so does not charge. I also spent aclot on money on the original station for it to be completely useless
0 Likes