Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better than Buds2 Pro ... Buds3 Pro or Creative Aurvana Ace 2

(Topic created on: a week ago)
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I like my headphones, IEMs and earbuds, but since the Buds2 Pro nothing regardless of mid to high price including portables DACs upto the Chord Hugo, the Buds2 Pro always win for me.

Only the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 have tempted me due to one of a few earbuds offering the latest XMEMSs drivers, but I am holding out to see what the Buds3 Pro offer in a few days, but so get annoyed with Samsung endless product promises of full HiRes from Buds Pro, Buds2 Pro.

Has anyone tried the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 ?

The advantage of MEMS technology is that these drivers can produce a higher frequency response range, can shift from one sound to another with exponentially faster speed, and are far more durable than traditional drivers. That means they can produce higher highs and lower lows, do so faster, and last longer while doing it. On top of that, MEMS speakers are IP58 rated, which means they are fully dustproof and waterproof.

Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes
9 REPLIES 9
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I've heard good things about the Creative Aurvana Ace 2
Decent price as well.
Hope he won't mind me mentioning him. But @TechZilla has a set and I think he said they were a good sound.
But I'm not getting any buds until the Buds 3 Pro come out and I see the reviews.
I think they are going to be amazing though. We will see
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
@TechZilla thoughts please.

Same as you @Glenntech but not falling for more Samsung spec promises, hope you guys get test them at Unpacked

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
Glenntech
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
Sadly I don't think we will get to use any.
I hope to get the chance to use one of the new phones for however they will loan them for. 🤞
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I doubt we will be allowed to use them because of hygiene reasons. I have never been to any launch where it is allowed by any brands unfortunately.
TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Aurvanas sound amazing, the ANC is not the best but I usually have my earbuds up loud enough to drown out background sound.

What phone do you want to use with your earbuds?
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Excellent I find the Buds2 Pro ANC good but also needing volume a little.

ZFOLD4 so was thinking the Snapdrgon so able to take full advantage of the Aurvana.

TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Snapdragon on Samsung devices doesn't give you lossless APTx codec, you can get APTx, AAC and SBC. On Samsung devices you get SSC which is a Samsung codec which is high quality but only activates when using Samsung Galaxy buds such as the buds2 pro so keep that in mind.
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options

Ah bonkers, I assumed the Samsung Buds2 Pro was the limiting factor if as you say the Creative Aurvana Ace 2 will be a shift in sound profile  ...

TechZilla
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
The Aurvana use aptx on my S24 Ultra not a lossless codec. However the sound quality is excellent, sound quality relies on more than codecs such as drivers, connection strength etc.
0 Likes