Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battery draining

(Topic created on: 22-03-2021 03:28 PM)
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
I have the samsung galaxy watch 3, had it for about 6 weeks now and used to get almost 2 days before needing to be charged, lately I'm getting a day at most, I've not installed anything new, not doing anything different tracking wise, took it off charge an hour ago said 1day 8hrs of charge, just looked and already gone down by 13%! Now says 1day 4hrs left, but I know it'll need to be charged again before bed, why is my battery draining so quickly? 
0 Likes
10 REPLIES 10
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
Sounds like you have a rogue app using up background data. Have you recently added a 3rd-party app on your phone to track your health, etc? It is also possible that your watch is trying to interact with your phone more than normal.

Perform a hard-reset of the watch, and see if that helps.
0 Likes
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
I have done the hard reset, the only 3rd party app I use with Samsung health is myfitnesspal.
0 Likes
Steven9761
Troubleshooter
Options
There is nothing in Galaxy Wearable that will allow you to identify the cause of the battery drainage, so probably best to get Samsung take a look.
0 Likes
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
samsung have arranged for my watch to be collected tomorrow for inspection and any needed repairs.
Stephanie-Loomis
Apprentice
Options

post how that goes--I have the same issue. It loses 1% per minute right now. AFTER a hard reset.

0 Likes
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
my watch has been so much better since it went in for repair, they replaced 3 things inside so more than the battery, I get 2 days now per charge, I would contact customer support and see if they can collect it for inspection and possible repair.
Stephanie-Loomis
Apprentice
Options

Customer support wanted $117. Um, nope.

0 Likes
Greeneyedgal
Pioneer
Options
oh wow, is it not still in warranty?
0 Likes
Stephanie-Loomis
Apprentice