Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Average Data Use

(Topic created on: 30-03-2022 03:27 AM)
vekter303
Explorer
Options

I would like to know how much data use people are consuming. I realise that this will depend on various factors, but it would be good to have some idea.

I have signed up for an additional SIM - as my current provider do not offer eSIM. I can add the eSIM and 1GB data allowance for the watch. I guess my usage will be weekly training runs on the bike up to 100K and twice weekly circuit sessions about 30mins each. I hope to use LTE on the watch alone, travelling light especially on the bike.

I would likely use Strava but not exclusively.

I appreciate exact answers will not be easy, but what are we talking here? Can anyone share their typical experience and usage?

8 REPLIES 8
dopey66
Pioneer
Options
It's about 20000 gigabytes
0 Likes
dopey66
Pioneer
Options
And that's precisely what it will consume
0 Likes
vekter303
Explorer
Options

Cool, and is that when it's measuring your inability to be funny?

vekter303
Explorer
Options

Can anyone help with this? I just want to know if 1GB on the Watch4 plan is likely to be enough...

0 Likes
Maria_vm
Troubleshooter
Options
My phone (alone) consumes about 4-5gb per month. So Iw ld say that the watch would probably consume more than that. Maybe 10gb plan (if not too expensive) is your best bet?
Solution
Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
You will be fine with 1gig on the watch. I go running often (without my phone) and listen to spotify and rarely go over half a gig a month. As well as that most weekends i use phone in standalone mode. If you use spotify or youtube your watch will download playlists / songs etc, but unless you never connect to your phone or WiFi most of the time any updates to your playlist songs will take place when you are connected to wifi rather than the watches data allowance.
vekter303
Explorer
Options

Sounds good. My provider has doubled the data as an add-on so it looks like 2GB per month will be more than enough.

I appreciate the helpful responses. Cheers!

Potshot2k4
Pathfinder
Options
Cool, glad I could help, you will defo have more than enough with 2gb 😀
0 Likes