Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Apps crashing

(Topic created on: 02-05-2020 11:24 AM)
Burnsie89
Apprentice
Options

So recently with my Samsung Watch 42mm when using Strava and Spotify with my bluetooth headset to do exercise, the apps just close meaning the activity doesn't record and the music cuts off. I tried using Samsung health to track the workout but a cycle has been split into 4 workouts which is not right

8 REPLIES 8
Stevec555
Apprentice
Options

I had the exact same issue, has happened multiple times but havent been able to shed any light in it either.  I uninstalled spotify and reinstalled hoping it will fix the issue. Havent had a chance to test again yet.

Burnsie89
Apprentice
Options

I have since reset my watch. Uninstalled both apps and reinstalled them. Tried strava on its own the other day and it worked. Going to try both apps today. Fingers crossed. Contacted Samsung and their suggestion was it needed to be connected to my phone at all times 😮😮😮 defeats the purpose of it if I need my phone everywhere I go

0 Likes
Stevec555
Apprentice
Options

100% agree. Defeats the purpose of having a smartwatch. Typical Samsung response though, I had a gearfit 2 before this and similar issues with spotify and they never sorted it out either. It seems as if the memory  usage is too high running both apps and causing it to crash. 

0 Likes
Burnsie89
Apprentice
Options

Went out a run today. On the same run before resetting my watch both apps crashed. Strava worked fine but spotify stopped after one song. Samsung need to sort this. My watch is still within the warranty so I'm due to send it back

0 Likes
Stevec555
Apprentice
Options

I did a 5k today, had spotify and strava running. No issues inside 27mins. And samsung health had detected the run and was running in background. Try uninstalling spotify and then downloading your music again. I also did soft reset the other day to see if that cleared any problems in RAM. (Hold bottom button for 10 secs)

0 Likes
PatrickMoors
First Poster
Options

Hello,

Has anyone solved the problem?
Sometimes it works great, but mostly after a few minutes spotify en strava crashes.
clearing RAM doesn't solve the problem.

0 Likes
SteveHill333
Student
Options
The Strava app is absolute shambles. The app crashed out so many times during my runs, I gave up with it. If it wasn't for the community aspect of Strava I would ditch it. But then I found the ideal solution, download a running app called 'Run4Gear' and sync the app with your Strava account. The actual app is much better for visability of info when running, it gives you alot more info than the standard Strava app does and is actually stable. The best bit about it is, when you sync it. It displays on your Strava account like you had tracked it with the Strava app.

You're welcome.
MikeTurner
First Poster
Options

Hey Steve. 

Does this Run4Gear also record Bike action? 

Thanks 

0 Likes