Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Appalling battery life

(Topic created on: 23-04-2022 11:44 AM)
Ray42
Voyager
Options
I'm pleased with the look and feel of my new Galaxy Watch4 Classic, but the battery life really is dreadful! Despite the device (and the phone app) predicting that I should get about 36 hours from it, I'm getting about 25 hours tops, and that's with all the health apps and sensors disabled. I spend about 90% of my time within range of my phone and my router - I have mobility problems so I don't leave the house very often. Any suggestions to improve the performance would be welcomed. 
4 REPLIES 4
xavidx
Apprentice
Options
I am too experiencing that problem, so I'm anxious to find out any solutions, otherwise the watch will be returned.
0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options

I appear to have solved the problem, but I've no idea how I did it!

What happened was I managed with a slip of the stylus to unpair the watch from my phone. I found I couldn't reconnect to the watch without resetting it, so this I did. I then tried to set it up as near as possible to the previous configuration and charged it up. That was 39 hours ago and the watch is still showing 33% available! That's pretty much what I used to get from my old watch, a Galaxy Watch. The only setting that I know I changed was to set the display brightness to Auto.

As I say, I don't know what happened, but it may be worthwhile disconnecting and resetting - you never know!

0 Likes
Ray42
Voyager
Options
This is my battery status now - as I said before, I've no idea what I did.
1650809416779_1650809416745_0.jpg
0 Likes
Obsydian
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Thanks ray42 I was holding off a full reset, but will do it.
Regards Obsydian - (Car & Tech Evangelist)

MY DEVICES: ZFold4, Watch6 Classic, Book2 Pro i5 5G [Laptop], Buds Pro2, M70A 32 & 43”; [Monitor], Smart Tags, Dell Inspiron G5 [Laptop] / FAMILY DEVICES: ZFlip3, ZFlip4, ZFlip5, Watch6 Classic, S8 Ultra; S7+ [Tablet],  Buds Pro, iPhone 12, iPad Air 2, Air tags, iPad Mini 5, iPad Pro 12.9 GEN2 [Tablets] / HOME DEVICES: QN95A [TV], Q900A / SWA900S [Soundbar, Rears], MC28M6075 and MC32K7055 [Microwave], Jet 75 Complete (Vacuum), Samsung Level [Speaker]
0 Likes