Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AOD on Galaxy Watch 4

(Topic created on: 13-03-2023 04:26 AM)
Santhoshmanic
First Poster
Options

Dear Samsung, please consider this feedback very seriously cause it's ruining many people's user experience. The ambient light sensor does not work on AOD screen. It's always dim irrespective of outdoor conditions. I could hardly see the AOD in sunlight which completely defeats the purpose of AOD. Please fix this ASAP.

Model number: SM-R870

Software version: R870XXU1GWB1

Wear OS version: 3.5

One UI watch version: 4.5

Wear core services: 1.3.119.499493697

0 Likes
3 REPLIES 3
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hi @Santhoshmanic ,

this has been reported to our development team to improve it. I would also recommend sending our engineers an Error Report to have this in consideration on future updates. 

To do this, can you please try to reproduce this and send us a new error report attaching a video showing the issue and the watch log after this occurs?

To get the watch log you will need to follow these steps:

1. On the watch, make sure that Settings > About Gear > Report Diagnostics > Toggle On.

2. As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND.

0 Likes
Santhoshmanic
First Poster
Options

Thanks for the quick response. I'll do what you've asked for ASAP.

0 Likes
Santhoshmanic
First Poster
Options

I'm using a non Samsung device (Pixel 7 Pro). Not able to figure out #2.

"As soon as you experience the issue (or within 15 minutes of it happening), on your phone, launch ‘Galaxy Wearable App’ > More (3 dots) > Contact us > Error Reports > Input Symptoms > SEND."

0 Likes