Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoD if Galaxy watch is placed on charger?

(Topic created on: 26-10-2018 03:07 PM)
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm LTE). Every night I put the watch onto the charger which is placed on my bedside table. Even If I switch on AoD the watch turns black after a few seconds.

My question now is there any way to keep the display on all night if the watch is charging?

I want to use the watch as small night clock with digital numbers (brightness very low) - how can I get that?

Thanks for any help!

90 REPLIES 90
MrGussy
Apprentice
Options

My 42mm behaves rather differently. The AoD goes off when charging, as described, but then when fully charged and the charger light changes colour, the AoD comes on. However, unbelievably, it does not recognise the horizontal orientation of the watch in the charger dock and so the face is on its side. Touching a button switches the watch face to full brightness and spins it through 90 degrees, briefly, and once the display dims again it also spins back -90 degrees.

All this sounds like a very easy fix for the next software release please.

Air_Bear
Student
Options

@Sh1fty_69

You're not very smart. It's a figure of speech for meaning "in the middle of the night". He didn't literally mean 3am. And this is a smart watch...it has an alarm clock on it. Samsung designed the charger and the watch so the image rotates when plugged in to make it easier to see when in bed, but it turns off. That's ridiculous.

Air_Bear
Student
Options

@AntS wrote:

Hi all.

I've pitched the option of 'AOD whilst on charge' idea as a Suggestion for our R&D team - and will let peeps know of the feedback we get from them. 

It's great that you mentioned this "idea" to samsung, but this has been one of top the requested/annoying features since the s2 (google it), and they still haven't implemented or fixed it. I want to be excited, but I have doubts that they will suddenly acknowledge this broken feature.

Sh1fty_69
Student
Options

Hahaha I'm not very smart? You must be the life of any party. Although you clearly do not recognise sarcasm or wit of any form. All I hear is whinge whinge whinge. Why doesn't the smallest gadget on my night stand do EVERYTHING? There is a reason why alarm clocks exist, why cameras exist, etc etc. Smart phones are able to do these things to a certain level, just like smart watches are able to do things to a certain level. I have no complaints about my smart watch or my smart phone. Both are Samsung and both do what I want them to. I think people are asking for ridiculous things but that is clearly just my opinion which I am entitled to just like everyone else.

Natalya14
First Poster
Options

I loved this feature on my apple watch. Since moving back to samsung/android I was very egar to get the galaxy watch but have been disappointed to say the least when comparing with my apple watch. Small details like the nightstand clock mode not being available is a let down, the apps on the play store are third world compared to the likes of the apple store. I feel that whilst Samsung are advancing in the world of mobile technology and advances, I think it's time the smart watches catch up also.

MrGussy
Apprentice
Options

Update ... further to my post a couple of weeks ago my watch has changed its behaviour: the AoD no longer comes on when on the charger. I have no idea what has changed, or whether it was just a particular face I was using which behaved this way. Now the display is permanantly off when on charge, which is very disappointing.

0 Likes
whyneedaname
Apprentice
Options

I think the developers could just 'fess up that they have forgotten to tell the watch to stay on..... they did the difficult bit of making the watch face rotate through 90 degrees when you put it on the charger.......

Mossy99
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have found an app called I am alive. If you download this to the watch then switch it on you can charge your watch with the screen staying on. Hope this helps.

Russsauntry
First Poster
Options

Brilliant! Thank you! Works, perfectly.

0 Likes
Alejandro29
First Poster
Options
This would be a great feature to add. If it could also let you choose the watch face for this, different from the regular one you use, it would be even better. (I.e. have a digital one for alarm clock, and an analog one for your regular one)
How do we know when this feature is added?