Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AoD if Galaxy watch is placed on charger?

(Topic created on: 04-01-2021 05:05 AM)
Mr_Burns
Apprentice
Options

Hi,

I have a Samsung Galaxy Watch (46mm LTE). Every night I put the watch onto the charger which is placed on my bedside table. Even If I switch on AoD the watch turns black after a few seconds.

My question now is there any way to keep the display on all night if the watch is charging?

I want to use the watch as small night clock with digital numbers (brightness very low) - how can I get that?

Thanks for any help!

90 REPLIES 90
SpammedNote20
First Poster
Options

Why is this not a feature.  Literally day one stuff.  How hard is it to enable?

0 Likes
Garden
First Poster
Options

This situation is such a shame. It really reflects poorly on Samsung's ability to give the consumer what they want. I'd like to have my watch, which is already sitting upright in a charging cradle, a design choice which increased the complexity and cost of the charger, be able to act as a desk clock, but instead it sits there with it's OLED screen letting me know it's at some percentage of charge, forever. How the TEAM of devs couldn't think to, at the very least, have a small time displayed above the charge percentage is beyond me, and I'm left even more confused if it was a conscious decision.

Your main competitor has this as a feature. People like this feature. It makes sense to have a time piece continue being a time piece even if it's charging. It doesn't make sense to have a watch stop telling the time because it's getting some juice.

https://www.howtogeek.com/311211/how-nightstand-mode-works-on-the-apple-watch/

Do they have a patent or something along those lines on this feature which prevents Samsung from including it? At the very least please disclose this tot he community so the ire can be directed to someone else. 

Eight pages of people discussing a feature that should've been shipped with the watch on release.

Smigin
First Poster
Options

Thanks @Mossy99 perfect!, now to find a dim or dimmable watch face 👏👏

0 Likes
Silo2
First Poster
Options

Well @AntS / @AndrewL, 2 years on, what are R&D saying about this now? Are you even still with Samsung? I, like my comrade above, have slowly been moving away from Samsung products as unfortunately your competitors (ie Sony TVs, OnePlus phones and Apple tablets) just do "it" better). My galaxy watch was the last piece of Samsung tech left - I won't be replacing it, due to petty issues such as this.

I also find it strange, in a world where there are so many competitors vying for our custom, that these issues aren't addressed. It's not like we don't have alternatives.

Samsung makes some very pretty hardware. It's just a shame the software is constantly letting it down.

0 Likes
Sbsdevelop
First Poster
Options

It gets worse.  Just got the watch3, and the charger is flat.  So it doesn't even hold the watch at an angle that one can see when in bed.  Forget that it makes it impossible for those of us that prefer slip-on watch bands that open and close with a clip.  They don't open flat so you can lay the watch on a charger!  It also sucks that the chargers from my S3, and Samsung Watch don't work with this watch (understandable I guess given all the new heart monitor stuff), but flat? AND THE FRIGGIN CABLE IS LIKE 2 FEET LONG... 3 FEET WOULD WORK, BUT 2????? Really?  All I see while charging is the battery meter.  Worthless and another worthless light that I will have to put something in front of to black out...

I just want a charger with a cord that is decent length, that holds my watch no matter what watch band choice I prefer (like the previous two iterations of this product had) and that can show the time while it is charging...  

Geez, who is in charge of these decisions???

0 Likes
Spencerfl
First Poster
Options

Hi. Any progress on this?

0 Likes
Heanster
Explorer
Options

Galaxy Watch 4 - AOD whilst charging now shows clock! BOOOOMMM!!! 😊

Currently using Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Watch 4
0 Likes
Heanster
Explorer
Options

Sorted this issue with Watch 4 - also Tizen software has been replaced too. I am just checking it out to see how it compares with my Apple Watch 6...

Currently using Galaxy Z Fold 2 and Galaxy Watch 4
0 Likes
Kevin 0816
First Poster
Options

Perhaps that's why they didn't implement in an update they wanted you to buy a new watch.

JeromeUrbain
Apprentice
Options

I got tired of samsung... Switched to a honor gs pro and 20 days of autonomy and its waaaaay better for me. 

0 Likes