Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

any way to reverse a software update on Galaxy Watch?

(Topic created on: 11-04-2021 10:35 PM)
d8smt
Explorer
Options
Once again, Samsung have released another watch update that takes off Samsung Health functionality without telling you. This is the second time that have done this in as many updates  The watch now will not display calories burnt following the latest update (are they really serious???) and other features such as floors climbed have also disappeared. Not that it ever worked anyway.

Any way to reverse the software update?

Luckily they did this a couple of days before I was going to upgrade to a Galaxy Watch 3. Looks like Fitbit will be getting an old customer back if I can't reload the old software 
9 REPLIES 9
Buff52
Apprentice
Options

....the workout widget which recorded workouts with graphs/ maps etc has also gone!... seems like each time the firmware is updated, the watch becomes less functional! I will no longer install any further updates & am beginning to regret my watch purchase less than a year ago. Shame on you Samsung! (not that you read these posts, judging by the lack of response to the huge amount of issues raised on these forum...)

d8smt
Explorer
Options
I've also found that the HR function no longer works on exercising (it doesn't track it on workout) and the battery now drains within 24 hours, before the update it was 3-4 days. DO NOT APPLY THIS UPDATE TO YOUR GALAXY WATCH!!
wkd_nas
Journeyman
Options
This has really irrated me too. 1st it went off the Samsung health app on the phone & now the watch active too. It was the most useful & often used widget on both devices. I'm seriously annoyed to say the least. Had a complaint raised with Samsung & they just said to raise it here on Samsung members for a hope the developers pick up on this in future updates. Let's all make a roar!
aih
Student
Options
The Calories burnt widget was my favorite widget as well, so the value I see in my Samsung watch diminished over night...
Members_J7EqxEP
First Poster
Options

I have only had my watch a month and I bought it mainly for the calorie burn counter. If I had known they were going to get rid of it I would not have bought the watch. If they think it will encourage me to buy a newer version they are very much mistaken!

Danelle
Journeyman
Options

This just makes me want to switch back to Apple. 

0 Likes
d8smt
Explorer
Options
I would never switch back to Apple, I've got so much a Apple tech that no longer works because of their 3 year obsoletion process. It's probably the reason Samsung is taking the same route to make their products unusable over a 2-3 year period as well to encourage you to rebuy newer versions (although one can never discount pure incompetence). But luckily I found this Galaxy watch Update problem before ordering the new Galaxy Watch 3.
I'm now going to go for a Garmin instead and move away from Samsung health tech completely, cheaper and much more reliable for sports tracking hopefully. Although my old Fitbit was also very good.

Subsequent to the upgrade (??!!) I've also found the Galaxy Watch now no longer tracks your walking or hiking on the GPS mapping either, so it no longer records distances walked.
Galaxywatch4sucks
First Poster
Options

I also wish we could go back in updates bc i use a dexcom g6 and i cant use it with this watch bc of the software and the battery is like i t was 1maH

0 Likes
markl79
First Poster
Options
Had my Watch 4 classic about 2 years, the info brick face, which I had dark blue, always stayed blue even when the screen timed out, after the recent update it now goes black but still shows the time etc. I can't find anyway to change it to how it was before the update last week.
0 Likes