Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

Another Galaxy Watch / Health distance incorrect post

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 04:50 PM)
PWBarrett
Apprentice
Options

I have the original Galaxy watch (42mm), which I was using fine with my S10+ phone.

After upgrading my phone to an S21 Ultra, I restored my Samsung Backup, then re-paired my watch with the new phone (wiping & reloading the watch.)

Since then the distance reported for a walk is off by something like 35%.

Using a 2nd phone app, I logged todays walk at 1.99 miles.  The watch and the Samsung Health phone app show 1.3 miles, and that reaching 1 mile took 5 minutes longer than it actually did.

Also, the Health app used to log the GPS track of the route - I no longer see this.

I set the watch to use GPS only for location, and also re-entered profile info that was lost like my height and weight.  Made no difference.  

Any suggestions?

3 REPLIES 3
Tirtinaki
First Poster
Options
Same here. The battery on my smartwatch runs off so quickly. It doesn't last 8 full hours a day. Now I'm facing battery issues with my S9+ (since last update)
0 Likes
PWBarrett
Apprentice
Options

Tried the trial version of the Gear Tracker  app - it logged the same route perfectly, while the Samsung Health app was 73% of the actual distance (1.41 miles vs 1.92 miles). 

How can this watch app be this far off when a different watch app is accurate on the same hardware?

0 Likes
Solution
PWBarrett
Apprentice
Options

Solved.

In the watch, Settings / Apps / Permissions / Samsung Health / Location 

had gotten turned off.   Now it is back to recording my GPS track, and doing a reasonable job of measuring distance and speed.

0 Likes