Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am i being stupid?

(Topic created on: 21-08-2020 03:14 PM)
Taylor20
Apprentice
Options

Today i decided I would get a smart watch and being so engrossed into the Samsung eco system (TVs',Phones,tablets,SmartThings, etc) i went on the samsung website to find one. I noticed the galaxy watch3 and quite liked the look of it and noticed on this page it had a big button to "pre order" so as i am in no rush for it i thought i would go for it - I have inserted links to the pages and also screenshots in case it gets removed https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/galaxy-watch3-r840/SM-R840NZKAEUA/

samsung pre order page.png

After clicking the big "pre order" button it took me to the page to buy it and i noticed at the top an advert that if i pre ordered said item i would be able to claim a wireless duo charger pad worth £89.99 which made my mind up for me - link - https://www.samsung.com/uk/wearables/galaxy-watch3-r840/SM-R840NZKAEUA/buy/

samsung buy page.png

After purchasing the watch i decided to look at how to claim the charger where i stumbled on the fact i had to order it on the 20th of August latest and it is now the 21st. I spent an hour on chat to someone and got nowhere so decided to do the online voice chat with someone who basically made out i was stupid for thinking i could claim the charger a day later as when i bought the watch i clicked on something that said add to basket and not pre order, although i clicked pre order the page before.. How was i to know I wasn't pre ordering.. Is this false advertising and should i be entitled to the charger or am i completely missing something here... 

3 REPLIES 3
Lewis92
Student
Options

I agree with you Taylor20, If i had purchased the watch I would also expect the charger. It should clearly state any deadline dates on the web page, and it does not. 

Ayybforty
Apprentice
Options
Unfortunately they don't have to clearly state anything aslong as they have it written somewhere and they push you to read the boring T's and C's that no one reads. Best option, use it for 20 days or so, return it before 28th day, wait for black Friday or cyber Monday. A deal is bound to pop up, or atleast make it cheaper.
Lewis92
Student
Options

I notice that the wording on your first image has now been changed to 'buy now' and the banner on your 2nd image has been removed. I appreciate that it would be in the T&C's as mentioned, but when he purchased it the button told him he was pre ordering it. 

0 Likes