Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alti-barometer on 46mm watch

(Topic created on: 08-04-2021 05:32 PM)
Dannyboy236
Explorer
Options

Had watch 2 weeks now. The 6 hour graph stops showing info and arrow never moves even though pressure has.

Had latest update. Uninstalled re installed and no different. 

Anybody else had issues?

39 REPLIES 39
danidezulovic
First Poster
Options
In last 10 months changed 2 Galaxy watches 46 mm, first one 3 times repaired, than replaced with new one. New one already 4 times repaired, last time today. Samsung rejected to give new watch again, they said next time if again fail. Always same problem, altitude and floor counting became crazy. Every time bottom of watch with all sensors replaced with new one. It's really bad Samsung product.
0 Likes
NileshKale
First Poster
Options

Bought my smartwatch last year Aug 2019, started having problems with floor counter and altimeter in Dec whereby it show me at altitude of 7500meters and higher! Made one visit in Jan when they replaced the motherboard following which it started overcounting floors. Took it in today (11Feb19) and they replaced the backlid (where the sensors are?) and gave me the watch back without testing! The altimeter now keeps fluctuting  without any change in altitude!

Looks like the latest update of the watch OS also seems to be playing part?

0 Likes
Hatingmywatch
Apprentice
Options

I Start and Finish in the Exact same spotI Start and Finish in the Exact same spot

But look how much elevation difference there isBut look how much elevation difference there is

Garbage elevation data, its even 32metres wrong when just sat here 😡

0 Likes
Zoran81
Journeyman
Options

Last week I sent mine to service center because altimeter and barometer sensor stopped working. Today my watch finally arrived. Thry changed main board and back cover.

After I set it up I tried to check if the altimeter is working and I get this

Screen_20200404_033125.png

I tried to perform sensor test and I get this

Screen_20200404_033155.png

☹️

Now I have to send it to service again..

0 Likes
Hatingmywatch
Apprentice
Options

It is clear that it is not a hardware issue

This is a SAMSUNG HEALTH SOFTWARE ISSUE

FIX YOUR GARBAGE SAMSUNG THIS IS A BLOODY JOKE 

You altimeter says 182M and your Health app activity tracker is stuck on 57M after I walked UPHILL from 114.?. 

I would have to drive 12 miles to be 57M above sea level

Samsung should be ashamed of themselves 

NOT A HARDWARE ISSUE. ITS POOR QUALITY SOFTWARE

Screenshot_20200406-225858.png

Screenshot_20200406-230139.png

Screenshot_20200406-225952.png

Screenshot_20200406-225958.png

0 Likes
Hatingmywatch
Apprentice
Options

Just and example how stupid the Samsung Software is it cant even talk to itself and pick if im 57m high or 182m. 

FIX YOUR SOFTWARE

It can't take data from GPS or the altimeter???It can't take data from GPS or the altimeter???

Does this watch even know whats happeningDoes this watch even know whats happening

0 Likes
Emyoo
Explorer
Options

What app is the 2nd screenshot!?

0 Likes
Vlatard
Pathfinder
Options

I guess it must be an hardware flaw of Galaxy Watch. Mine, an active 2, absolutly matchs pressure everyday...

20210408_180620.jpg

20210408_181220.jpg

0 Likes
pkylle
Explorer
Options

The frustrating thing is that what it shows absolutely matches pressure every day - but with a fixed offset of about approx. 5 hPa above correct value.  😞
And that results in incorrect altitude.

0 Likes
Eremites
First Poster
Options

I was searching for this everywhere, i had problem with broken barometer etc before like others here, and i've send it for repair with battery when it died, so it's working but:

from beginning it was frustrating that for most time it was incorrect value of pressure, same like yours, 5-8 hPa above. And I cant find way to fix that anywhere. That's stupid and annoying that it can not be possible to calibrate.

0 Likes