Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alti-Barometer Does Not Work!

(Topic created on: 25-06-2019 03:34 PM)
Faruk_
Apprentice
Options

Hello,

After onu ui update my alti-barometer stopped working. Tried factory reset did not help, i go to test mode and barometer sensor says "FAIL" but SensorHub says "PASS".  This device bought one month ago so i want to know is this software or hardware related problem?

In addition to all of this floor counting not working as well.

Thank you.

1.jpg2.jpg

0 Likes
6 REPLIES 6
AndrewL
Options
@Faruk_: If you access Alti-Barometer via the Apps screen and scroll to Settings > Change > Auto Refresh, does the calibration occur as expected? If not then based on the troubleshooting steps you have already attempted I recommend visiting a Support Centre to get the device inspected by an engineer. To find your nearest one please check the link below, select 'Mobile Device > Phones, Tablets and Wearables and enter your post code.

http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/servicelocation/
0 Likes
Faruk_
Apprentice
Options
Already did "Auto Refresh" option but still same. I dont know whether i should go to RMA or not but i think this issue might be software problem.
0 Likes
alligator82
First Poster
Options

Hi, I'm having the same issue for the past several weeks. Have you managed to fix it? Mine is out of warranty already.

0 Likes
alligator82
First Poster
Options

I think I found a solution for this issue and I wanted to share it with all of you. It is really odd but it actually works at least for now.

I tried to uninstall the app Alti-Barometer several times but this didn't help (never tested to factory reset the watch but I believe this won't be helping as well).  I went into the Test mode of the Galaxy Watch using the dialer and entering the code *#0*#. Then select Sensor and check Barometer and Altitude indications. For me all these have been stuck on 0 and if you click on the button Self you can see a big red FAIL. I uninstalled the app Alti-Barometer once again and turned off the watch for at least 12 hours. Then I enabled the watch and went into the same Test mode and voila - all sensors have been working correctly without a problem and you can see a big blue PASS. Then I reinstalled the app once again and everything is working now.

Let me say that in my situation this was the only app which was not working. TBH, I never used it so often but something bugs me and I was searching for a solution last several weeks. I heard for some cases where a lot Samsung Health sensors are not working but I'm not sure if this solution will help for their scenario.

Good luck everyone!

0 Likes
Natral
Student
Options

Is that solution still working today 17/06/21?  It didn't remain working for my Galaxy Watch.

I've found that simply switching the watch off and leaving it off for about an hour (or all night), always fixes Alti-Barometer completely. But, and it's a big BUT, the fix doesn't last for very long and gradually, over an hour or two, the 'Last 6 hours' charts will disappear and eventually so will the altitude and pressure readings. It seems as if the watch is each time gradually overloading its own 'brain' with Alti-Barometer app data? Samsung should sort this easily & quickly, especially as it's all, just fine for a while, after a prolonged shut-down of the watch.

I'm wonder if uninstalling some non-essential apps might help?

0 Likes
alligator82
First Poster
Options

No, it worked just for a short period of time. Then I had to do it again several times but it is not a permanent solution, unfortunatelly.

0 Likes