Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergy to Galaxy Watch4 40mm Wrist Band?

(Topic created on: 12-07-2022 12:55 PM)
Members_gt93s8d
First Poster
Options

Hello, 

I received a Galaxy Watch4 40mm with an Olive wristband as a part of a samsung promo for trading in my phone through EE.

Unfortunately, I have noticed that I seem to be allergic to the wristband and have broken out in a rash over the past week

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this and whether or not there is support available for this issue? 

I have posted a picture below this. Bear in mind I don't wear the watch tightly and this rash is itchy and has some hives and the marks have stayed after removing the watch. 

Thank you

20220712_120253.jpg

4 REPLIES 4
Fiona26
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
I have had the same problem in the past with the silicon straps myself. I think the cause of rash is more down to sweat, rather then the silicon strap itself. I purchased a leather strap which solved my problem. I'm actually using Samsungs hybrid leather at the moment. Which is silicon at the back. Been using this strap since I got my watch 4 last August. Funny enough I've not had any rash from it. Yet I thought I was going to have trouble with it.
ChrisP88
Options

@Members_gt93s8d In such instances, we would advise you to seek medical advice while also taking into consideration the advice kindly provided by @Fiona26.

Shelley123
Voyager
Options
I had the same problem with mine, I swapped it out with a nice slim leather one from amazon, no problems with this one. 20220712_140325_11853_1657631006.jpg20220712_140244_11852_1657630965.jpg
IndiW
Hotshot
Options
Simple solution is, or my solution, I normally give 2.5hrs or 3 hours "air time" to the hand, I use this time for charging, watching TV in the evening, shower and meal time, so my movements are at its lowest in the day, so I won't miss out steps either

2nd, before I put it back on, just give 2 minutes clean to inner/outer sides of the strap

After 2 to 3 weeks your skin will get use to it, anything more contact your GP
0 Likes