Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergic reactions to Buds Pro - What's happening?

(Topic created on: 09-05-2021 09:32 AM)
ChuckieEgg
Explorer
Options
Like many others, I cannot wear my Buds Pro after having allergic reactions after only minutes of use. I haven't worn mine for two weeks while waiting for ears to heal. Tested again last night with no more than 10 minutes wear - ears are itching, burning, leaking/discharging fluid. Not only can they not be used, but I suspect these are potentially dangerous.

On threads I have read this morning while researching this issue, I notice that Samsung get in touch with members with same problem and then there is no follow-up.

What is the outcome for users that have been in touch with Samsung?
20 REPLIES 20
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
Funny you should mention this, my ears are itching round the rims and do get very itchy, and at one point did get an infection, however I have been using the hottube as well recently so I dont know who is to blame. The sound quality is the best ever but I hope I don't have the same issue 😕
0 Likes
ChuckieEgg
Explorer
Options
Do a search on the forum - lots of reports. I thought maybe it was me, have been monitoring for a while. Finally started research online this morning as they're unusable now. Like you say though, sound quality is excellent, but not at this cost.
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
It would make sense as my airpods pro although they itched me slightly it was nowhere near this bad just been looking, might not use them for a week and see what happens.
0 Likes
AshtabS9Ultra
Mastermind
Options
I been having flaky skin, itchy ears and an infection in both ears one of which I couldn't hear properly for a week.
0 Likes
ChuckieEgg
Explorer
Options
I've never experienced anything like this, previous Buds Pro are fine, as have Sony, Sennheiser etc. Pulled out an old pair of Sennheiser's but then realised I don't have 3.5mm on my S21U. Will have to look for some other solution.

I'm interested in knowing Samsung's position on this problem.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
Hi all I'd suggest investing in some third party earbud foams tips.
That way you can enjoy your earbuds as you should.
0 Likes
ChuckieEgg
Explorer
Options
Possibly and appreciate the input, however stock tips shouldn't cause this and I know I can but comply foam tips if I want to spend money on guessing my way through a solution to a problem I didn't cause.

That's not what I'm asking for, I want to know what the outcomes with Samsung are for people who have been contacted.

One guy tested without the tips and reckons he has problem with tipless buds. Someone else taped the tips to his arm and still has a mark weeks after.
Mimo40
Helping Hand
Options
Think I have same problem when I got my buds was fine for a few good months but last week my inner ears have been itchy, fluid coming out and what feels like crust as well. Never had this problem before.
0 Likes
Blessed4life
Black Belt 
Options
To be fear you can't expect a company to except responsibility for people who have sensitive skin, if it was a large number of people then they'd probably take responsibility but to be fear it boils down to some people having fragile/sensitive skin & I'm not trying to be rude Just being honest.
I use the buds Pro without any issues as most people, that's why I suggested buying some differentfoam buds, it wouldn't be a hit & miss if you've used some before, just order some that you've used before that didn't cause your skin any irritation.
It's like people expecting Samsung to fix the issue of a few people experiencing some rash on their wrists from the watches strap, once again it boils down to some people having sensitive skin.
In my opinion.