Leeannmc82
Apprentice
Options

15534554541793385546247516886241.jpg

43 REPLIES 43
JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@Moisemust  That does seem troublesome,  so hopefully some resolution on the band.

Found following information on Us site,  though more may need to be done.         https://www.samsung.com/us/support/troubleshooting/TSG01108928/#samsung-smart-watch-skin-irritation-... 

"If you are allergic to any material on your smart watch, be aware of the following:

• Samsung has tested the noxious materials found on the smart watch through internal and external certificate authorities, including the test for all materials that come in contact with skin, and the skin toxicity test.

• Only materials that observe the standards of the U.S Consumer Product Safety Commission (CPSC), the regulations of the European countries, and other international standards are used to make the watch.

• There may be some discomfort if the smart watch is worn on sensitive skin or fastened too tightly. Some users may experience discomfort or skin irritation when wearing it for prolonged periods, or they are allergic to certain materials.
  • Do not expose the straps to very wet conditions as this can cause skin irritation. Dry the straps before wearing the smart watch.

• If skin irritation is experienced while wearing the smart watch, stop wearing it and wait two to three days for symptoms to ease. If symptoms persist or worsen, consult a physician".

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
Dee22
Journeyman
Options

Does anyone have an allergic reaction to the watch, and how did you get this issue fixed.The watch I gotThe watch I got

Just wear for 5 hoursJust wear for 5 hours

It takes so long to go awayIt takes so long to go away

0 Likes
Dee22
Journeyman
Options

Yes totally agree, because the watch is expensive as it is and I just got mine and my wrist looks bad. I cannot wear my watch.

0 Likes
Dee22
Journeyman
Options
Same here too so frustrating they need to do something about this
0 Likes
bmull32
Student
Options

Just an update for everybody. Samsung isn't doing anything to fix it, to my knowledge. I sent mine in to get evaluated by Samsung, and all they did was issue me a refund. So, subpar material used on an expensive watch causes an allergic reaction for a lot of customers. Sorry about our luck. No offer to substitute a different band material. Just here's our money back.

Moisemust
Student
Options
Lucky you ! I just hung up with Samsung about this allergy problem and another one, the watch not stopping ringing every time I get a call, whether I answer the call or reject it. They won’t do anything about the allergic reaction, they offered to repair it but won’t take it back. I think I will have it repaired and then sell it. This was my first and last Samsung purchase. All Samsung managed is pushing me back into purchasing another watch but from another brand.
Dee22
Journeyman
Options

I did all the things it said, still had the rash blister. Samsung didn't help me at all this watch is $400 bucks and I had to buy a metal band. And they said if the device isn't having issues they cannot do anything 😑

0 Likes
Dee22
Journeyman
Options
I didn't even get my money back they just said the device doesn't have issues they cannot do anything
0 Likes
StijnKamers
First Poster
Options

Just bought the Galaxy Watch 3 also have the same issue... I always wear a watches with leather bands, never had issues... Seems like a Samsung issue to me. They should fix this!

15975612272122548897601276090205.jpg

thunderkats
Explorer
Options
ok you say you may be able to sort this issue out how may this be when samsung will not reply to e-mails or help in store ???
0 Likes