Options
Wearables

15534554541793385546247516886241.jpg

42 REPLIES 42
Leeannmc82
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
Is anyone else experiencing an alergic reaction the the galaxy watch?
TomF
Options
Wearables
Hello @Leeannmc82! When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
• Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
• If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.
• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.
Leeannmc82
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

I take it off overnight to charge. That should be a sufficient time off my wrist. I had an apple watch previously and never had an issue. From doing some searching online it appears that there is a significant amount of people experiencing the exact same issue.  Is there another strap available? 

TomF
Options
Wearables

Would you be able to stop wearing your watch for 2/3 days and see if these symptoms ease? It might be worth checking in with your local GP to rule out an allergic reaction.

There are Galaxy Watch straps available on our website, which can be found here!

thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables
Although you say this could be an allergic reaction dont you think its incoincidental that theres so many people having the same issue
LozzaC46
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Why pay £250+ for a watch to either not wear it or pay more money to get another strap? 

bmull32
First Poster
Options
Wearables

There seem to be an AWFUL LOT of users experiencing this issue. Seems like Samsung should do something to address it other than "wash and dry the band or buy another band". I'm here because, surprise, I'm having the same issues.

LozzaC46
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

As anyone signed or been asked to sign a waiver from samsung?

I've refused and written to chief financial officer to discuss same

0 Likes
PaulaT1975
Apprentice
Options
Wearables
No I havent, sorry
0 Likes
PaulaT1975
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Never again will I buy another Samsung product. They were an absolute nightmare to deal with. It took 9 months of failed collections (5 in total). Then in the end, the courier "lost" my watch that was on route to phone repair company. To be honest they did me a, favour. After a further 3 months of pursuing the phone repair Company I got a full refund.  I have since bought a Garmin and not looked back... I replaced my phone this year too with P30 Pro also.  I was always a huge fan of Samsung but not after that experience. 

thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables

Yes there other strap you can buy 

0 Likes
thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables

The easiest solution is to buy a different watch strap which personally samsung should do something about????

0 Likes
Sora_Takenouchi
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Fact of the matter is that you shouldn't have to buy a new strap when the factory one is causing physical damage to you. I plan on contacting my carrier today to see if they'll send me one on behalf of Samsung. 

thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables
I wish you luck when I went to a samsung store I just got a blank expression from them....
0 Likes
thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables
I find this to be untrue changing strap helps much better samsung need to do something about the plastic straps that come with their watches as there are a lot of people having the same issue
Dee22
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Yes totally agree, because the watch is expensive as it is and I just got mine and my wrist looks bad. I cannot wear my watch.

0 Likes
Dee22
First Poster
Options
Wearables

Does anyone have an allergic reaction to the watch, and how did you get this issue fixed.The watch I gotThe watch I got

Just wear for 5 hoursJust wear for 5 hours

It takes so long to go awayIt takes so long to go away

0 Likes
PaulaT1975
Apprentice
Options
Wearables

Yes I am too, I have been wearing watch for 2 months and it’s only developed. I tried wearing on my other arm and the rash developed there also. It’s extremely frustrating after the price I paid!! 

MissHobart
Observer
Options
Wearables

20201231_192256.jpg

Me too, on the Galaxy Fit I got in the summer, it's been developing for the last few weeks, I'll be contacting Samsung this week. It seems to be a common issue?!

The Gear Fit I had at the beginning of the year was fine. 

Saying not to get it wet or remove it often defeats the object of having a device which monitors your activity, analyses your sleep and is sold as waterproof!! 

0 Likes
thunderkats
Explorer
Options
Wearables
I believe there is a fee
0 Likes