Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergic reaction to Galaxy Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 05-12-2021 11:21 AM)
Tim O
Apprentice
Options

I have had to stop using my Buds Pro because they caused a bad reaction to my skin in my inner ear, causing irritation, scabs and weeping. In the end I had to go to my doctor who prescribed an ear spray and antibiotics. I occasionally try the Buds Pro again but the same problem arises within 30 minutes of use.

I did not have any similar issues with the original Buds.

Apart from this issue I really like the Buds Pro.  All the controls etc work well with my Galaxy S20. The sound quality is really pretty good and I find them really comfortable. So far, they are easily the best wireless ear buds I've tried (so far)

Model number: SM-R190(EARBUDS) EP-G  R190 (CRADLE)

Please help

18 REPLIES 18
paddy12
Explorer
Options
Yeah I know that's probably why it's happening to so many people & that's why I've asked the black ones are probably coated with something different.
0 Likes
Tim O
Apprentice
Options

Mine are black too. It never occurred to me that only one colour could cause the issue. That would make the solution really straightforward, but surely it can't be that simple? 

0 Likes
Tim O
Apprentice
Options

Definitely a possibility though

0 Likes
paddy12
Explorer
Options
Yeah it would make the solution very simple and there is just a thought. But my buds & buds + or white
0 Likes
sooty42
First Poster
Options

I have the purple buds, so the problem is likely the tips, I have beats pro which I can wear without issue now that the infection has gone.

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Update from me. Once the infection had cleared up, having no issues using Pixel Buds. Usage is identical.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
paddy12
Explorer
Options
Yeah I sent my black ones back and got my money back. So bought the silver ones & tried them this weekend and within 20 minutes half an hour the same thing happens so I have just ordered the memory foam tips and let's see how that goes🤞 I'll keep you all up to date.
0 Likes
paddy12
Explorer
Options
So my memory foam tips haven't arrived yet for my buds pro. My fault ordered from eBay and they coming from China. Anyway so I bought the galaxy buds 2 & they have done the same thing my ears have been leaking all night but the buds 2 have the same kind of tips with the mesh. So at this point I don't really know what to think.
0 Likes
sooty42
First Poster
Options

Reading through the various posts I decided on balance that it was probably a Nickel allergy that is causing the issue although Samsung seem to be pleading ignorance.

Because I bought mine through Amazon after explaining the issue I was given a full refund, I am now using Sound core liberty pro's without issue so far,  they sound better and were cheaper so I've chalked that up as a win in the end.

0 Likes