Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergic reaction to Galaxy Buds Pro

(Topic created on: 15-11-2021 05:32 PM)
Tim O
Apprentice
Options

I have had to stop using my Buds Pro because they caused a bad reaction to my skin in my inner ear, causing irritation, scabs and weeping. In the end I had to go to my doctor who prescribed an ear spray and antibiotics. I occasionally try the Buds Pro again but the same problem arises within 30 minutes of use.

I did not have any similar issues with the original Buds.

Apart from this issue I really like the Buds Pro.  All the controls etc work well with my Galaxy S20. The sound quality is really pretty good and I find them really comfortable. So far, they are easily the best wireless ear buds I've tried (so far)

Model number: SM-R190(EARBUDS) EP-G  R190 (CRADLE)

Please help

18 REPLIES 18
StephK1
Options

Sorry to hear about this, @Tim O. If you are based in the UK, please send a private message over to @Sam_UK and one of the mods will be on hand to take a look into this for you. If you would prefer, you can also raise this with our Support Teams using the details on the 'Contact us' page, here: https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/contact/ 

Blind_Marv
Pathfinder
Options
As I've mentioned before, I had the same problem. I solved it by replacing the tips with memory foam ones. They are available on Amazon and elsewhere, but make sure that they are specifically designed for the Galaxy earbuds pro, as others will not fit properly.
adamlee
Big Cheese
Options
I've experienced same with my galaxy buds pro. My ears end up sore and flakey from long periods of use. They can cause some irritation.
0 Likes
Tim O
Apprentice
Options

Thanks Marv.

I did replace the silicon tips with foam ones sold on Amazon specifically sold for the Buds Pro. They appear to fit and stay put very well and might even be an all-round improvement on the originals. However, they didn't help with the skin reaction issue for me.

0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I've had exactly the same experience. Been struggling with reoccurring ear infections since I got my earbuds in April. Right ear is still blocked/tinitus. Left ear inflamed. I proved it this week by just wearing the left one for exercise, and only that ear is sore now.

I'll contact support.

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
GytisRepecka
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Has anyone did medical allergic reaction test to see response to silicones and rubber variants?

Samsung Members Stars
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

I haven't. But I've never had any issues with latex or silicone previously. I've worn earbuds for decades made with plastic/silicone/foam etc.

But maybe there is a new material in these earbuds we're reacting to?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes
paddy12
Explorer
Options
Can I just ask what colour buds Pro do we all have. mine are the black ones and it is happening to me. But I was just wondering if it specific to a certain colour 🤔
0 Likes
Jamze
Pathfinder
Options

Mine are black too - but that's probably the most common colour anyway?

Galaxy S22 Ultra
Galaxy Book2 Pro 360
Galaxy Tab S7
Galaxy Buds2 Pro
0 Likes