What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Allergic reaction to Galaxy Buds Pro tips

(Topic created on: 08-05-2021 04:18 PM)
Options
I was very happy when i received my galaxy buds Pro with my galaxy s21 ultra phone. I started using the buds from end of February 2021. It was used at least 3 hours a day. My inner ear started to get more irritated as the days went by to the point it was sore, flaky skin shedding off and fluid was coming from my ears. I decided to stop using it for 5 days and my ears went back to normal.  I really like the buds but not at the expense of my ear health. Would try a half in-ear version which used to work with me. Any suggestions?
6 REPLIES 6
Joeeye
Maestro
Options
I'm getting the same issue really. Key is keep the buds clean.
0 Likes
ShaunGG
First Poster
Options
I find them itchy also, so have been looking at purchasing some alternative foam tips. As I also find they don't seem to stay in place inside your ear like the original buds I own.
antikythera
Black Belt 
Options
Foam tips are definitely the way to go, the foam should give a decent barrier against the chemical component that's causing the irritation. I often use Senner ear protection for work, they aren't comfortable for long periods but don't cause skin damage or weeping. Be very careful with your ears as such infections can actually spread to your inner ear and lead to deafness
0 Likes
Pugs1957
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
Another user found petroleum jelly helped with skin irritation and preventing the buds falling out.
0 Likes
Options
Which kind of foam tips can I change it with?
0 Likes
Options
During that time, I have always kept it clean. Same effect though.
0 Likes