Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

After the lastes update galaxy buds are shot

(Topic created on: 28-04-2020 05:06 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Hi.

Yesterday i updated my galaxy buds to the lastest software R170XXU0ATD2.

This morning i reseted them and repaired them with my pc and galaxy s10 plus and i have noticed few things.

The first is that the thouchpads are not working anymore, the left one worked briefly on my pc so i connected it to my phone since the right one was not working and now both are not working... if you touch them nothing happens and no touch sound is played.

The second is that they always had a tiny tiny buzzing sound in the background when listening to podcasts at min volume audible, now it has quite increased perhaps maybe due to the new sound algorithm...

Anyone experiencing this?

Thanks in advance

45 REPLIES 45
____
Journeyman
Options
I just registered here and had almost identical issue since updating my Buds.

Touchpads are dead and won't respond like before. Also after just a short time listening to music they make the faint beep (like the connection sound) and simply stops.
0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

i am using them for lessons and battery life looks like it is shot too...

Also don't you hear a background buzzing?

0 Likes
____
Journeyman
Options
I can't tell on either of those other issues, my buds just pause whatever is playing after a few minutes. I can't simply tap to resume it and have to unlock my phone to then restart what i'm playing.
0 Likes
ManuelBN
Journeyman
Options

Same here for the left touchpad. It's totally dead now and I can't get it working. I unpaired the buds, restart Samsung S10 network configuration, reinstall application, reset buds... To no luck. Time to call Samsung.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yeah.. mine is the right..

No increased buzzing sound for you?

0 Likes
Magnusswe74
First Poster
Options

For me it's both touch pads not working.

The ambient sound is strange too. Turning it on gives no change to sound at all, it is especially noticeable if I toggle between on and off. 

I also from time to time get the beep in one ear bud, although it usually stops after a few beeps. 

Hopefully there will be a new update coming out soon that will get things back in working order. 

0 Likes
Es9
First Poster
Options

Hi everyone, I had the same issue as well. I upgraded the software of the phone and then everything worked again.

Hope it will work for you two !

0 Likes
56gold
First Poster
Options

Glad to know I'm.not the only one with the exact same problems, from touchpad not working to music just randomly stopping and having to unlock my phone go to the app and restart it. 

Also I keep hearing the sound it makes when you first put them in, very frustrating cause I loved my buds up to this point

I read somewhere the clearing the cache of the Galaxy wearable app helps with the touchpad issues and it worked yesterday when I noticed these issues post-updates download. Happened again and just cleared the cache but now only the right touchpad is working and not the left.

0 Likes
56gold
First Poster
Options
Do you mean battery life of your phone or the headphones cause I'm noticing my phone battery seems to be draining at an alarming rate and I have a note 10+ that's 4 months old
0 Likes