Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Address for court proceedings

(Topic created on: 16-09-2021 10:48 PM)
receivedpoorservice
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am really really struggling to get anywhere with the Samsung shop. Despite sending countless emails and spending over 10 hours on the phone, I am still not in receipt of my promised refund.

I would usually initiate a charge back but the credit card provider can only charge the original transaction amount and Samsung took my trade in which they have already recycled. 

Therefore I am left with no option but to take Samsung to court to get the full refund including the trade in + my costs back.

Has a) any one any experience of this and b) does anyone have the correct address to file the papers to?

Thanks all in advance. 

18 REPLIES 18
steca41
Pioneer
Options
Assuming your in the UK use money claims online (MCOL). this is the proper way to set up a claim through the small claims court. you must first write to samsung a letter before action then after 14 days you can then submit a MCOL claim. https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome
steca41
Pioneer
Options
address to send letter before action..
Samsung Electronics Uk Ltd - Head Office
Samsung House;
1000 Hillswood Drive 
Chertsey, Surrey
KT16 0PS
England
0 Likes
Sunny_side
Journeyman
Options
Hi,

Can I ask if you got anywhere with this? I am having a similar problem. I purchased an s21 from their website through their trade in deal. A week after purchase found phone was faulty and by that time my trade in phone was already sent back. On asking for replacement they said I had to send faulty one back first then they would replace within 7-10 working days. After numerous calls and emails on the 9th day they tell me replacement not possible due to IT system change. They can only refund me. MTR are unable to send me back my trade in phone and have valued it at £30 which is absolutely diabolical when they gave me £250 for it for trade in. It's an S8 which was in excellent working condition. I have emailed them mentioning the consumer rights act and gave them three options on advice of Citizens Advice Bureau which they failed to acknowledge. I am now looking to lose money.
0 Likes
Pat5
First Poster
Options

I had the same problem.I reported it within first 4 days of purchase.  I feel they were selling faulty goods through their website and have unfair return policy. I am gonna file court proceedings and have reported to trading standards too. Could you share advice provided by CAB or the key points please? I shall use it against them. Any update on what happened?

0 Likes
Sunny_side
Journeyman
Options
Hi Pat,

My issue has been resolved now. I finally managed to get through to them after filing a complaint through their official ceo channel. The CAB advised writing an official letter of complaint giving the traders a timescale of which to complete the matter in and if they did not it would be followed by court case. This actually worked as it was immediately picked up and I received a call saying the matter was now being dealt with by the resolutions team. After lots of talking I offered to come to a compromise where I said that they needed to give me the full value of a new S21 so I can at least repurchase through their website. So the agreement we came to was that they would refund my debit card for the amount I paid and then they would give me the remainder of £250 as a credit note as a 'goodwill' gesture which I could use on their website. The £250 credit note was as 'compensation' for my troubles . I also got back £30 from the trade in for my old phone. I wasn't going to argue anymore because I was fed up so I accepted and all received the refund and credit note immediately. I put in another order on their website for a new phone and this came through within 4 weeks with no issues. Thank goodness! I can't remember ceo email address but if you Google it, it should come up. Good luck!
0 Likes
Slack303
Explorer
Options
Tbisnis EXACTLY the issue I'm having. When you say CEO channel, can you explain what this is and how you complained. Thanks. This issue is driving me insane.
0 Likes
Sunny_side
Journeyman
Options
This is the channel that I used to file a complaint to the UK CEO:
*******. I just filled out the form and wrote down my grievances. Hope this helps.
0 Likes
Sunny_side
Journeyman
Options
uk.president
At samsung.com
0 Likes
Sunny_side
Journeyman
Options
That's the Web address...Samsung is covering the website address for some reason
0 Likes