Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active2 low calorie exercise count

(Topic created on: 08-10-2020 02:31 PM)
Symejp
Student
Options

I bought this watch specifically as its aimed at fitness. My calorie count when exercising is simply not correct. It is to low. Last chat we did all trouble shooting questions and all settings were correct. We ended on a reset. I've done two more 1hr intense workout, fitbit registers at 604cals and 625cals which is correct. Active says 329cal and 344cal which is woefully inaccurate

5 REPLIES 5
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @Symejp ,

are you measuring this from the watch itself or are you using Samsung Health? Keep in mind that the calories count displayed does not mean the exact burned calories during exercise, and is not the same as the true burned calories data. The calorie calculation may increase based on the basal metabolic rate (BMR), even with not exercising. This is a normal operation. The watch will display estimated calories burned, based on the activity time as this is an estimate. Remember that this data is intended for fitness and informational purposes only. 

0 Likes
Symejp
Student
Options

Sorry but I find this response evasive and unhelpful. I manually start exercise from my watch. I'm aware that my general daily calorie count increases normally without exercise. What I can't accept is your comment that calories burned during exercise is an estimate.  This is an expensive watch, marketed for fitness, yet its estimated calorie burn during a workout is way way out and this isn't good enough. What's the point of paying £400 for something that doesn't do what it should? Its not even close to showing anywhere near a correct workout calorie burn.  I want to return the watch, who can I contact to do so?

TessM
Mastermind
Options

Iḿ sorry to hear that you feel that way and I will happily take a look into this with you, if you like. Have you checked if this is getting a different calorie count on Samsung Health? Can I also ask what phone do you have the watch connected to? 

If you are still interested in return this, you will need to contact the seller/retailer to provide you with their available options from there. 

0 Likes
hederamom
Explorer
Options

I agree that the samsung calorie account is way undercounted versus fitbit.

0 Likes
Acko009
First Poster
Options

I'm having the same issues and comparing with my Garmin 300 vs Samsung active 2 160 even a

0 Likes