Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Original topic:

Active Watch 2

(Topic created on: 03/05/21 20:54)
SarahKelly
Options
Wearables

Hi I bought the Active Watch 2 about 2 weeks ago and slowly getting my head around it.  A few things on there I either don't like or maybe aren't "right" and hoping someone might shred some light on them.

(1)  Steps aren't counted accurately - I can walk up a flight of steps and it doesn't record.  I "pace" up and down the kitchen to get steps in and again it doesn't record. 

(2) I went for a 40 minute run on Sunday and it only recorded 2  minutes worth as a run (automatically) and 0 minutes on the green part of the "heart" meaning that my movement wasn't recorded as "active"

(3) Battery lasts just 1 day - I'm sure it's claimed it can run up to 5 days.  This simply isn't the case.

(4) went on a drive on Sunday through some country lanes and it started recording that i was on a bike ride!!!

Don't know if there is a software upgrade i can search for but I bought it to record fitness etc and it's not doing the job.  Can anyone help / advise?!

Thanks

5 REPLIES 5
Assessed
Options
Wearables
I only have one of those problem my battery only last a day but I've just gotten use to it
Poshman
Options
Wearables
I have a similar issue regarding the step counter, as I drive for a living it records steps alot while I'm driving.
0 Likes
Options
Wearables
Have you tried pressing and holding the power button, keep holding until it says rebooting and that should soft reset it, nothing lost
0 Likes
Options
Wearables
Also look in the galaxy wearable app in the galaxy store and see if there is an update
0 Likes
RXM
Smooth Operator
Options
Wearables
The I really hope they get the next watch right. I have the Galaxy Watch 3 and it has just not lived up to the expectations at all. Battery can probably be fixed easily enough I think I wrote a detailed post about how I maximised the battery on mine and I got 2 days consistently up until the recent update where it took a knock of about 1/2 day but thata not an issue to me. I charge it fast by turning it off when it's charging and it's 100% in no time at all.
0 Likes