Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch 2 UK delivery delay?

(Topic created on: 23-09-2019 08:39 AM)
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options

Hi, I ordered a Active Watch 2 back in early September for a morning deliverly on the 21st September. 

The order didn't arive and there has been no comunication about a delay, the status online is "order placed" and when I called up he help desk the advice was "Wait a few weeks to see if it turns up".

Is there an update? The complete lack of comunications is pretty poor. 

37 REPLIES 37
AntS
Options

Hi @Chris_UK ,

This is the advised response we've been given:

"As soon as we became aware of short-term delays to the delivery of the Galaxy Watch Active2, we started working closely with partners to make sure that those impacted by this were made aware and that we do our utmost to get your smartwatch out to you as soon as possible. For details on your revised delivery date, we’d recommend contacting your retailer. We’re sorry that you have to wait a little longer than anticipated but hope it’s worth the wait. "

Which probably doesn't tell you guys too much more than you already know if you've already been in touch with the various Samsung channels. If us Mods do find out anything more about the situation before you do, we'll let you know. 

Eldy
First Poster
Options

Appalling customer service. Emailed, phoned, live chat - nothing back and no update on my account. Have Samsung stolen my money?

0 Likes
Seymour92883277
First Poster
Options

I'm in the same situation. I don't believe they've stolen my money, of course, but I do have some concern that something may have gone wrong in the shipping/delivery process. I don't care about the delay - if they tell me it won't arrive until Christmas, fine! But it would be nice to have some communication to let me know what's going on so that I don't need to contact my credit card company to reclaim the money.

0 Likes
Eldy
First Poster
Options

I placed my order early and I think I only have 4 weeks to reclaim my money from the credit card company (it could be 6 or more weeks though) so to be safe if I have heard anything by Wed I will reclaim my payment.

0 Likes
Bulver
Journeyman
Options

Similarly, I too placed an order for delivery on 21 September, as offered on Samsung’s website.  Chased up with the sales support team, was told it would be with me on the following Monday.  Well, that came and went, so rangagain and was told it would be with me Today.  I said to the person I was discussing this with that Samsung are very remiss in not keeping customers updated and to please pass that comment on to the management.  I also repeated twice that he was saying I would receive my watch today, and he confirmed that.  Looked on the site today, still no movement from “order placed”.  Really annoying, I expect better from a major company such as Samsung.

0 Likes
Chris_UK
Explorer
Options
Same here, I have have it in email that it's being delivered today before 10.30am... Its not been delivered and there is no update online to say its being shipped.

No communication that its not being sent.. This is very poor.
0 Likes
Bulver
Journeyman
Options

"As soon as we became aware of short-term delays to the delivery of the Galaxy Watch Active2, we started working closely with partners to make sure that those impacted by this were made aware and that we do our utmost to get your smartwatch out to you as soon as possible. For details on your revised delivery date, we’d recommend contacting your retailer. We’re sorry that you have to wait a little longer than anticipated but hope it’s worth the wait. "

It appears that they are valuing their suppliers at the expense of their own online customers.   They should have sent a similar message to everyone who has placed a firm order with them, dreadful service.

Their customer service team seem to have been told to tell us anything just to keep us quiet, and when I asked about the charger 'gift' offer, was told that it had finished and I woudn't be eligible. I told them to check with their line manager, as my order was placed when the offer was made, and was an integral part of the deal.  she came back and advised that when the watch is received, i would be able to claim for the 'gift' Deeply annoying all round

0 Likes
kRAyZZed
Apprentice
Options

The good news is it looks like they have extended the deadline to submit your claim till 3rd November 2019 now.

If you go to the claim page, and start submitting a claim it states 3rd November now instead of 19th October - although they havent updated any of the webpage graphics, and they all say 19th October still.... communication has been poor sadly.galaxywatch2.JPG

Bulver
Journeyman
Options

the thing is, will the watch be in our hands within that time frame?.  The last I saw was that despatch date was now               4 October.  however, in my discussions on line and on the phone with Samsung Shop, nobody gives me an an answer as to delivery date, just transferring me to different departments, always saying that only the Shop can give a date.  This from phone calls and emails to ...yes, you have guessed it, THE SAMSUNG SHOP  .  Classic case of passing the buck around the department,  not good enough, in my opinion

0 Likes
kRAyZZed
Apprentice
Options

oh I dont disagree with you that there is such poor communication/information out there regarding it.

I pre-ordered mine via EE - they have advised they have been told to expect them within 14 days (after the 28th, which was their original delivery date they had for the 4G variant, that I am getting).

At least however they are moving the pre-order gift deadline, which shows they know the issues the delay is causing people/concerns regarding that particular part of it at least - and if they still do not ship till then, I would imagine they would move it again.

A proper communication from them regarding their ETA of stock, and the preorder gift would have gone a long way to alleviate peoples annoyance to be fair.

If an announcement went out that clearly said - "stock has been delayed, we are expecting them on xxx date and we have extended all offers and promotions" I think alot less people would be as annoyed.