Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 seller USA

(Topic created on: 16-02-2021 10:00 PM)
merelw62
Journeyman
Options

Hello,

Has anyone based in UK bought an Active 2 from an online USA based sellers, rather than direct from Samsug, if so, is the warranty validity for two year still applies or not.

0 Likes
2 REPLIES 2
TessM
Mastermind
Options

Hey @merelw62 ,

warranty is region-based, which means that if the watch needs to be repaired this will need to be done by our colleagues in the US. 

0 Likes
merelw62
Journeyman
Options

Thank you for your response. In fact I contacted Samsung chat and was informed that warranty will be valid regardless of where the watch was bought. I have been looking at prices online on many websites and found that there were many sellers, globally, mostly US and UK were selling these on eBay. Some of these were opened but never used, and almost half of the price. So knowing that I could buy a watch from anywhere and be covered for warranty, I went ahead and ordered myself Active 2 44mm. I merrily set-up the watch and then contacted Samsung to register my watch. Guess what, I was told that I will need proof of purchase and eBay payment does not count. Of course the watch was covered with 2 years manufacturers warranty but as I don't have the "proper" proof of purchase, warranty was void. So beware folks!!

0 Likes