Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch 2 screen comes off

(Topic created on: 20-09-2022 11:52 AM)
Alun135
Explorer
Options
This morning sitting at the table I looked at the time to find my watch screen hanging by the cable.
Searching for repairs it seems this is a common problem around the 2 year mark.
No I have not been swimming in a sauna, jackusi snowboarding or any environment where it could get immersed in water, I don't care for the claim its water resistant.
Long and the short of it I will get the problem sorted, however I will not purchase another watch from Samsung as much as I love its design and features
12 REPLIES 12
Reylob
Big Cheese
Options

That is not very encouraging. Could you post a picture? How much will it cost to get the problem sorted? 

0 Likes
Alun135
Explorer
Options
Searching the comments/posts for something similar
It seems samsung will glue it back down for £115
Or you can buy B700 glue clean the old glue off and stick it down yourself
I can't afford or justify £115 for a watch I would probably get less for a trade in so going down the DIY route for £6.00 from Amazon.
Re picture it's difficult as it's difficult to hold open plus concerned I might damage the harness
R Wainwright
First Poster
Options

I have had exactly same problem, told me it be £25 non refundable cost to get a repair price, if i said yes the 25 would come off the cost. I was told it be £114 at least. I decided not to go ahead and they returned it. Disgusted with Samsung i was never told re the £25 up front when they said return it. Had it just over 3 years never been in water looked after it. £370 down train would never have a Samsung watch given. BEWARE THE WATCH FACE IS ONLY GLUED ON

0 Likes
Alun135
Explorer
Options
It's a design fault in the watch it gets very hot during charging the glue then breaks down.
Like you I will not buy another Samsung until they sort this out.
I got some B-7000 glue off amazon carefully scrape off the old glue you will find that there is an actual plastic washer glued both sides which form the seal, you can however clean it off gently then apply a bit of glue to each surface of the watch placing the seal back onto it you don't have to separate the face from the watch that's too involved.
Mine has remained together since my last post sept 22 after posting that the back also came away so had to do that also
You have to leave it 24 hrs after glueing I used gorilla tape to hold together thin strips not full width pinching it tightly to ensure firm contact.
All the best.
Elizabeth Isralowitz
First Poster
Options

This just happened to me and I thought it was my baby's fault.  She loves touching my screen because I have it on accessibility mode and it reads everything.  I thought all her touching messed it up but no it just fell off.  The watch is less than two years old, WTF!!! Never had this issue with the gear fit.

0 Likes
Members_Gm1Py82
First Poster
Options

Same thing happened to my watch, just 3 weeks after the 2 year guarantee ran out. Repair cost is estimated by Samsung to be a minimum of 145€. I have numerous Samsung items, but I would not recommend a Samsung watch to anyone now.....an expensive item that disintegrates after 2 years. Samsung should be made responsible for this design fault

swgasp
First Poster
Options

Today I encountered the same issue. The display cable got ripped off and the display was on the floor before I noticed anything was wrong.

The warranty had expired six months ago. Samsung support did not take responsiblity for the obvious manufacturing fault and referred me to their service partner for out-of-warranty repairs.

For the last ten years all my phones, tablets and smartwatches have been Samsung products. After this experience none will be in the future.

0 Likes
Members_iTTClpv
First Poster
Options

I have the same problem & am very disappointed - will buy some B7000

0 Likes
yellowstew
First Poster
Options
Same here , now switching to Apple , great watch but who on earth decided to use glue ? Cheapsakes
0 Likes