Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch 2 rash

(Topic created on: 17-06-2021 08:05 AM)
Members_sxocVuC
Apprentice
Options

I've recently purchased this watch, and ended up with a rash. I've worn many different metal and plastic watches and bracelets before never been allergic to anything. I've not worn the watch since and even a week and half later is still there. It just doesn't seem to leave and I am unable to wear another watch or long sleeves due to it. Although it as got smaller, its super itchy and just won't disappear. The pictures below have been taken a week and half after the rash first appeared. Since then I've not been wearing the watch.  @samsung @samsungwearable

20210616_120132.jpg

20210616_120732.jpg

11 REPLIES 11
HoodynEmma
First Poster
Options
Nasty
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

Hey @Members_sxocVuC 

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.

• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

Members_sxocVuC
Apprentice
Options

Actually I don't wear it as much probably about 9 hours a day. If thats long definitely not suitable for a watch.

0 Likes
Members_sxocVuC
Apprentice
Options

Also the pictures was taken a week and half after the day it first appeared. I have used the watch since cause its very itchy, and flared up. For cost I've paid it i don't it to be made by cheap skin irritating materials. 

0 Likes
xSteveuk
Mastermind
Options
Hi,
Is it a black strap on the watch
As the coating may
Cause
Irritation

Try giving the inner strap
A good rub
0 Likes
Members_sxocVuC
Apprentice
Options

It's the rose gold strap. I haven't worn it since it been a week and half still super itchy and flared. But its gone down slightly, hopefully it won't leave any scars or marks.

0 Likes
TAkTAK176E
Student
Options
M
0 Likes
MrCjB
Journeyman
Options
My wife, her friend and myself had the exact same issue with the rubber strap that came with the watch ... We purchased from Amazon different straps (metal) and all was then good ... The one they give you does not allow your skin to breath so you end up with the rash

Hope this helps
0 Likes
Members_sxocVuC
Apprentice
Options

Yeah looks like there's clearly a massive problem with there straps but from samsung I'm really disappointed that they haven't done anything to fix it or recall the straps, it shouldn't be allowed to continue giving people rashes.

0 Likes