Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active watch 2 not counting reps during workout

(Topic created on: 04-03-2020 08:54 PM)
nclifford
Journeyman
Options

My Samsung galaxy active watch doesn't work! Its gyroscope seems unable to detect movement when trying to count reps for a number of exercises. It's intermittent. Sometimes it's slow to start. Other times it starts counting but missed reps, other times it freezes. It also fails to detect stretches when reminded of hourly movement.

Is anyone else having these issues or is my watch broken? Please post replies.

20 REPLIES 20
luckyn111
Student
Options
this is what I was doing wrong thanks, bro
0 Likes
Atomica
First Poster
Options

I have had my watch for nearly a year and it's never counted reps reliably. It was a gift so I never had a receipt. 

I've switched location off and on. 

The app is up to date on both watch and phone. 

When I do a weight lifting session,  I don't really want to keep toggling between the 12 different exercises I do. What's the most accurate setting for a while workout? I have tried using 'other'but it seems to say I've burnt calories even when I've been at rest between sets.

I have tried 'weight machine's but I'm not sure this is accurate for free weights. 

Advice gratefully received. 

0 Likes
LukasG
First Poster
Options

I am facing to the same issue. I have new watch active 2 LTE. There were approx 3 software upgrades in the last 3 months. When I exercise squats the watch counts only some of them, sometimes it stops counting in 1st or 2nd series forever - no chance to get it to count again until I start new exercise again.

According to my opinion - hardware is OK, but Samsung is trying to figure crucial software bugs after customers paid for their products. The software should be ready to work before official release.

0 Likes
anointed2sow
Student
Options
I've been having the same issues, and it's intermittent for me as well - so frustrating!!
0 Likes
LukasG
First Poster
Options

I am going to send the watch back to Samsung. To fix it. If not, I will cancel the contract. 

This is not the way, the should do the correct business. Lets see what will Samsung do with numbers of used watches and money refunds. This is the only way to convince them to deliver faultless products. 

0 Likes
JY2703
Student
Options

Yes, very annoying, I also have a Samsung Galaxy SmartWatch and it's never been working properly when it comes to fitness and rep counts: Squats, Lat pulldowns, Arm curls, Shoulder press, Sit-ups: none of them work accurately.

Sent the watch once during warranty, technicians mentioned that they reinstalled the software, but I doubt it as nothing changed.

Thank God, messages, emails and all sorts of alerts are working fine.

Please Samsung, if your watch is not able to track exercises: just don't put them in it and do fake advertising.

Just keep making phones (own a Note 10+) which you do well.

Regards

0 Likes
Cynthiaques
First Poster
Options

I had the same issue described above...finally you gave me the solution! Changing the wrist from left to right worked! Thanks you very much!

Bambilamb
Student
Options

it happens to me and there are plenty of threads on reddit about it. The community advice is to hard reboot the watch. This is a lag issue the reboot closes the open apps.

0 Likes
Kyratilly
First Poster
Options

I just got the Active 2 bc my first watch was not recording the reps for Burpees.  I cannot get it to recognize all of the movements.

0 Likes
TennMue
First Poster
Options

OMG! I know you posted this two years ago, but from one leftie to another, thank you my friend! I did everything else suggested and was starting to give up hope.