Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 HIIT tracking

(Topic created on: 15-01-2020 11:13 AM)
Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I notice that this watch doesn't have a specific HIIT or interval training option on the activity tracking (my training partner has an interval training option on her Apple watch). Is the circuit training option the same as this? This is really important to me as HIIT is my main form of exercise and I need the tracking to be accurate. 

Thanks in advance!

87 REPLIES 87
Alisse102
Explorer
Options
I have neither option on my Active2. Am I missing something? All the workouts are so specific (arm curls & front raises)?? Like how are those even options and HIIT isn't. This seems crazy to me!
JDSRGS20
Apprentice
Options
I'm completely getting annoyed with this watch not having a HIIT function. I've changed my "other workout" settings to vigorous, but I may as well not even wear the watch. For my 40 minute workout, I am guaranteed to get 340-345 calories burned no matter what. I'm almost ready to switch back to my Apple Watch - I honestly don't care about the built-in exercises that are on the watch. I'll never use them. I also don't expect the watch to be 100% accurate on how many calories are burned. If I wanted that, I would get the chest transmitter that gives a more accurate reading.

It's crazy that a fix has not been appended yet to an update. I hope that something happens soon as this is very frustrating!
Alisse102
Explorer
Options

Yeah - it doesnt seem to take your hear rate into account WHATSOEVER! How friggn stupid is that. Seems like fitness watch 101 to me!! 

Someone recommended the FITIV third party watch/phone app to me. It has a 7 day free trial and then $19.99/year therefter (or there's a monthly rate too). So it's reasonably priced. It's not the most user friendly app I've ever used, but it's not terrible. 

I just used it today for my HIIT 30 minute class. Seems to be much more accurate than the "Circuit Training" or "Other workout on vigorous" default watch options. 

Try that out if you want. If you do, let me know your thoughts! 

I'll  use it as my workaround for HIIT activities for now I guess. 

0 Likes
tizza90
Apprentice
Options

I also use this app! Really worthwhile. Install on  your watch too

Stephjkm
Journeyman
Options
Thank you for the heads up, it has a 'spinning function too!
JDSRGS20
Apprentice
Options

What is the true benefit of paying for FitIV?  I used the app today for the first time and liked it although I am trying to figure out why I would purchase or pay a monthly fee?  Thanks!

0 Likes
Alisse102
Explorer
Options

The ONLY reason I use it is for the HIIT function, in which the watch does not have. 

I used the watch for a few days and did my 30 minute High Intensity workout out and it told me I burned like 130 calories. Which is grossly wrong. No setting fixed the issue. 

So basically the watch  just does not track calories burned correctly. See my previous posts on this above. 

I think that the FitIV app does take your heart rate into account when tracking calories burned. 

0 Likes
Stephjkm
Journeyman
Options
Yeah, I'm wondering if I really NEED to know how many calories I've burned, it's not as if I'm going yo use them to justify a different bar of chocolate! 🤣

I think knowing that I'm getting hot and sweaty is going to be enough for me.

Plus, the app is clunky and seems to interfere with Samsung Health
0 Likes
Alisse102
Explorer
Options

Agreed. It's not the best app. 

And most people don't care about calories burned that much.  

But if you're trying to count macros and track your numbers to meet a goal, it definitely matters to be somewhat accurate. 

Kara851
Student
Options

I too am getting annoyed at the lack of hiit function. In this day and age when hiit is so popular it isn't acceptable. Had I known this before purchasing the watch I actually wouldn't have bought it. 

There doesn't appear to be a general weight lifting setting either, unless they want us to us weight machine for everything.