Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 HIIT tracking

(Topic created on: 15-01-2020 11:13 AM)
Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I notice that this watch doesn't have a specific HIIT or interval training option on the activity tracking (my training partner has an interval training option on her Apple watch). Is the circuit training option the same as this? This is really important to me as HIIT is my main form of exercise and I need the tracking to be accurate. 

Thanks in advance!

87 REPLIES 87
Rogelioolv
First Poster
Options
Hi ! I really think the same. During the lockdown I have been doing Hiit workouts (Burpees, lateral jumps, jumping jacks, squats, knee strikes, sumo squats etc.) all in the same workout. Sometimes I see other friends burning like 800 kcal while the Active Wacht 2 only registers 450 kcal for a 1 hour workout; using other workout settings. I think it should be a HIIT feature soon !!!
0 Likes
me6a7ron
Journeyman
Options

A few more exercises to add...

7 Minutes Fat Burning Workout (3 Rounds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDjeRqqQu2A&t=2s
Minutes: 25:30
Calories: 241
Workout: Aerobics

7 Minutes Fat Burning Workout (3 Rounds) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDjeRqqQu2A&t=2s
Minutes: 26:45
Calories: 252

40 Minute HIIT Workout (claims to burn 650 calories) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MaJKfBb0j6w
Minutes: 36
Calories: 410
Workout: Martial Arts

KJJ
Calories: 360

KJJ
Calories: 241

KJJ
Calories: 335

Charm25
Apprentice
Options

Can this also be looked at for the samsung galaxy watch 42mm? Please add HIIT option to it I'm going crazy as it's not recording the calories burnt correctly. For every 30 mins done in circuit training mode it always records 178 calories regardless of the intensity of the class. When set to other it's always 157 calories after 30 mins. 

How after a very intense boxing class can I only have burnt 300 calories when I'm lying in a pool of sweat?!

Please samsung sort it out or I may have to venture to the dark side and get an apple watch!

me6a7ron
Journeyman
Options

Why not pick Boxing or Martial Arts as the workout? In my experience, Martial Arts>Aerobics>Other Work and Circuit Training

0 Likes
Charm25
Apprentice
Options

I dont have the active watch 2 I have the samsung galaxy 42mm which doesnt have martial arts/boxing as a workout option. Thank though 

0 Likes
StefyB92
First Poster
Options

I'm wondering exactly the same thing right now, and i can't believe the watch doesn't have that option 😔

0 Likes
StefyB92
First Poster
Options

Im totally understand,  is really frustrating how no matter the intensity the burned calories is always the same, the watch has the sep up with the same calories for the same period of time, no matter the heart rate, is frustrating and upsetting, we got an fitness watch that supported to be accurate 

0 Likes
Af12677
First Poster
Options

I still can't get a hit workout to record correctly even the circuit training option is there something else I need to use or do?

0 Likes
Alisse102
Explorer
Options

HOW HAS THIS NOT BEEN FIXED YET? Considering returning this watch because of thus issue.  Just completed a 30 minute HIIT and it said I burned 140 calories. (Exercise was set to circuit training). Should have been way over 300 calories at least. 

So I waited 20 minutes, then started the circuit training exercise again on my watch, sat down at my desk for 30 minutes and it completed at 135 calories. 

So you're telling me this watch doesn't factor in your heart rate whatsoever for the circuit training exercise? What kind of garbage is this??

0 Likes
me6a7ron
Journeyman
Options
Try Aerobics or Martial Arts, if it's available. They record more calories.