Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active Watch 2 HIIT tracking

(Topic created on: 17-01-2020 10:33 AM)
Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi

I notice that this watch doesn't have a specific HIIT or interval training option on the activity tracking (my training partner has an interval training option on her Apple watch). Is the circuit training option the same as this? This is really important to me as HIIT is my main form of exercise and I need the tracking to be accurate. 

Thanks in advance!

87 REPLIES 87
Stephjkm
Journeyman
Options
This bugs me too - I work bloody hard in HIIT/Bootcamp and have to log it as 'other workout'!
DannyT
Options
This is certainly something we can pass on as feedback to our Development Team guys. And in fact, I have just done exactly that! I'll let you know what we get back.

Great idea!

Welcome to the Community!

Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi Danny

Thanks for your reply, its really appreciated. 

Looking forward to the reply from the developers, I end up a big sweaty heap on the floor after my HIIT Class so it would be great if all my effort was properly recorded!

Kind regards 

SammyE
First Poster
Options

I used circuit training today during an orange theory fitness workout.  Sadly it way under recorded calories burned.  

DannyT
Options

Hey all!

So we have got word back from the developers, and it's good news!

"We are trying to enhance the interval training. We have supported it only running and cycling on Galaxy Watch Active 2.
- Samsung Health -> Workout -> Running / Cycling -> Setting -> Lap ( Manual, Auto )
- Manual Lap support using double press back key 
We will enhance the auto interval lap on the next release. We will support it with other workouts such as swimming, circuit training, etc."

So keep your Galaxy Active 2 updated, and soon (hopefully really soon) this feature will be there!

Welcome to the Community!

Ingrid253
Journeyman
Options

Hi Danny 

Thanks so much for getting back to me with such a favourable response!

Really looking forward to logging my HIIT sessions accurately. Just need my bank to get its backside into gear to add itself to Samsung Pay then my watch will be perfect 😂.

Kind regards 

Ingrid 

Natalia49
First Poster
Options

Hi,

I am very excited for my new Active Watch 2 - 

At the same time, as someone that uses interval training frequently I was dissapointed to find out that basic interval funcitonality is hard to find even in other apps for my watch.

Here is an example of what an interval training would look like for me:

1. I can set a split interval where i run for X minutes, then stop running and  walk for Y minutes  etc.

2. The above repeats until i am done with my training.

3. A simple bell sound reminder or one word ('run', 'walk') would be awesome.

4. no need for crazy details of stats :smiling-face:

Thx

Natalia

tizza90
Apprentice
Options
Hi, I have the first active watch and my hiit workouts are only recording about 200 calories. Which isn't right. There is not setting for this and not update as per above like the galaxy active 2.
greg_the_egg
First Poster
Options

Yes this is exactly what I would have hoped I could do. I use the simplest tabata app that is exactly what I need but would be great to be able to leave my phone at home and work out with just the watch. 

As said above,  all we need is a custom interval schedule with a little ding each time you get to the end. 

Have a look at the app below which I use for ideas.

IMG_20200331_162224.jpg

0 Likes