Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 Watch Strap skin reaction

(Topic created on: 06-12-2020 06:41 PM)
boneyardgirl
Apprentice
Options
Hi 👋 

I bought the active 2 watch when it came out last year, I've struggled to wear it every day and I cant wear it over night because I seem to be allergic to the strap. I always take it off to shower and clean it before putting it on charge but it's come to the point now that I've just had to stop wearing it as its just came up in a band width welt that never went down, very itchy and very sore. I think I've stopped wearing it now for 2 weeks and I've still got scabbing in the area but its clearing up with steroid creams. My GP says I must have an allergy to whatever is in the strap but it bemused me because I went from the Apple Watch series 3 to this and I never had any problems with the strap and from what i can tell its a similar material?! I've seen people saying to wear it on the other wrist to check but im heavily tattooed and if I wear it on the other wrist the watch thinks I'm riding a bike when I'm driving to the store... 🙄 I'm switching back to my fitBit till I can find a solution. Can anyone tell me what those straps are made of? Thanks 
0 Likes
8 REPLIES 8
Cobby110Em11
Journeyman
Options
I know that feeling I wear a xoami amazfit bip and I have a collection of charity wristbands and I've been getting the same as u
boneyardgirl
Apprentice
Options
its really frustrating! I've not been able to accurately record any health data because of it. Only thing that's helped is steroid cream 🤣 I was considering getting the Galaxy Watch but I think I may just go back to Apple instead
Cobby110Em11
Journeyman
Options
Yeah but I'm a current eczema sufferer and its hard
0 Likes
boneyardgirl
Apprentice
Options
same! I've had eczema since I was born so im reluctant to keep using steroid creams as my skin is already so thin
0 Likes
Cobby110Em11
Journeyman
Options
Yeah it hurts alot
0 Likes
CarlH
Options

HI all

When you wear the Galaxy Watch for a long time or do a high-intensity exercise while wearing it, skin irritation may occur due to friction and pressure. If you are wearing your Galaxy Watch for a long time, remove the Galaxy Watch from your wrist and do not wear your Galaxy Watch for several hours.

• Skin irritation may occur due to an allergy, environment factors, other factors, or when your skin is exposed to soap or sweat for long periods. In this case, stop using your Galaxy Watch and wait 2 or 3 days for the symptoms to ease. If the symptoms persist or worsen, immediately call your doctor.
  • Make sure your skin is dry before wearing your Galaxy Watch. If you wear a wet Galaxy Watch for a long time, your skin may be affected.
  • If you use your Galaxy Watch in the water, remove foreign materials from your skin and Galaxy Watch and dry them thoroughly to prevent the skin irritation.

• Do not use any accessories except the Galaxy Watch in the water.

0 Likes
boneyardgirl
Apprentice
Options
thanks for this. My doctor thinks its an allergy as I've already do the things mentioned above. Im going to look at strap alternatives if they don't work ill most probably have to stop wearing the device.
0 Likes
maher35
First Poster
Options

I belive they may be faux, Google how to inform if they may be and there is a few YouTube motion pictures on how to tell. I actually have bought a few buds + and they're a whole lot higher and work great

0 Likes