Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 ECG function in UK

(Topic created on: 10-07-2020 09:28 AM)
ewanstancarr
Pathfinder
Options

Has anyone got anything in writing from Samsung that the ECG function will ever be switched on in the UK. I understand US customers might see this appear in q1 2020 as close to FDA approval.

I'm considering lifting my boycott of Samsung products (after the lack of Samsung pay on the s2 debacle) but won't do so unless there is evidence that the feature on its way 

14 REPLIES 14
DaveA1
Navigator
Options

Now that the forthcoming Watch 3 is reported to have the ECG function, what is stopping Samsung enabling it for all the Active 2 customers like myself that were promised this functionality?

There is absolutely no way I will be buying the Watch 3 for features I should already have and have paid for.

0 Likes
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options
Anyone ever notice that Samsung never respond to any posts - like the vast majority of such site! I wonder if it's because they simply ignore customer's. Not only do they ignore you, they clearly lie and manipulate the truth. When they had the unpacking event last year, they clearly stated the ECG functionality, as did their own hype and media releases. Now if you look at the page for the Active Watch 2, any mention of ECG has been removed. We have all been simply conned into buying the watch by false advertising. Nothing unusual for Samsung
0 Likes
Jon7703
Pioneer
Options

I have just logged a formal complaint with the Advertising Standards Authority over Samsungs obvious misleading advertising, which clearly stated that the ECG and Fall Detection functionality would be released in Q1 of 2020.

The additional comments supposedly from the head of the department responsible for delivering this functionality saying that they wanted a stable platform clearly demonstrates,  that it was Not ready when advertised at both the unboxing Event in August 2019 or when included on Samsung own Advertising when pre- ordering was available. 

This was clearly another attempt to draw people away from it's major rivals,  who already had the functionality on their devices. 

If like me, you sold your previous Samsung  Watch due to this additional functionality (I'm disabled), and feel you have been knowing misled by Samsung,  I would urge you to make a similar complaint. 

Here is a link for the ASA in the UK

It will only take a minute of your time, but will at the very least let Samsung know they cannot get away with misleading it's loyal customers.  They Harp on about loyalty, but clearly don't care, once they have your hard earned money. 

Dobbs1
First Poster
Options

October conversation with customer support:

"Samsung UK Support 5e28285084ec30034d4b1a66

Mon, 05 Oct 2020 14:13:19 UTC

I appreciate that this may not be the resolution you were looking for. I apologise but there is still no update on when the ECG function on Samsung Active watch will be available."

Very disapointed in Samsung over this issue - the Active 2 has been out for over a year and still no idea when this very useful health feature, which was promised at launch, will be activated...,

0 Likes
hederamom
Explorer
Options

Congrats!  Heard thru the media, UK should be getting ecg and bp support, along with 30 other countries, as of 20Feb2021. Hope yours works well. Here in the US, got the ecg update in Sept. 2020 (purchased my Active 2 in Nov 2019 and waited patiently). However, since the ecg update, only got the ecg to work twice and then would not take a reading. After providing "Samsung ECG Support Team" with all of my Active 2 and Samsung Note 5 model numbers, system update numbers, etc., they told me that my device purchased at Costco, New Jersey, US was, 

"Upon review, we identified this as a non-U.S. model or a model that is not manufactured for use in the U.S. 
We are sorry to inform you that the ECG feature will not work in your device."

Well, ECG did work initially (even sent them screenshot of the Samsung Health Monitor record), then did not.  Hope you have better luck.

0 Likes