Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Active 2 4G compatibility with UK mobile networks

(Topic created on: 30-06-2020 05:50 PM)
Technik21
Apprentice
Options

I'm considering purchasing the new Active 2 4G watch, but just discovered that it is only compatible with either EE or Vodafone networks in the UK. 

I am currently on the Three network, and would like to be able to use the 4G features with this provider.

Is this the case? or will there be support with all UK mainstream providers in the pipeline for the Active 2 watch?

Thanks all....

15 REPLIES 15
Easty
Big Cheese
Options
Theres no chance of three supporting it ! I had an iPhone & bought apple watch 3 4g as they said they were working on it , over 2 years later still no news ! I switched to Samsung and debated getting the 4g galaxy watch bud until I swop to EE or Vodaphone or 02 theres no point , three suck big time at this , let's hope the Nore 10 plus 5g I got with them in August actually gets a 5g network , more excuses when you question them on that haswell
Samsung Galaxy Note 10 Plus 5g
Samsung Tab S6 Lte 256gb
Samsung Galaxy Watch
0 Likes
revmarkn
First Poster
Options

As of today, this is now working on vodafone UK. I am able to connect to vodafone via the wearable app and set up the onenumber service (at £7pcm). My watch will now send and receive calls independently of my phone.

0 Likes
Hugomuz
First Poster
Options

Hi,

Anyone have any update on Tecknik21's query on Samsung Active 2 LTE watch compatibility with other networks e.g. O2. I can't seem to find any new networks supporting this and the Galaxy 3 is due out shortly which won't be good news for Samsung.

0 Likes
Lukekirby1066
First Poster
Options
hi Chris, I have recently bought the 4g watch and I am with voxi (who runs through vodaphone) and its saying this service is not elegible. Do you know if your method works with voxi? I am really not happy with samsung now as it does not state anywhere that it doesnt work with everyone. False advertising if you ask me
0 Likes
Lukekirby1066
First Poster
Options
hi. What provider did u do this with?
0 Likes
Technik21
Apprentice
Options

Hi

Just an update to my original post .......

It looks like only O2 and EE on the UK network  support eSims right now. I think Vodafone's eSim supports Apple only, but not entirely sure of that.

I never got to see the benefits of the 4G call\text features from this watch, as for other reasons, I wasn't able to move over to another service provider from Three.

It was a waste of the extra money going for the 4G version really.

Why all the big UK providers still can't support eSim nowadays is a mystery.

0 Likes