Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Absolutely appalling battery life - Galaxy Watch 4 Classic

(Topic created on: 02-06-2022 10:56 AM)
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
I am totally disappointed with my galaxy watch classic 4, 

It doesn't even last a day and that is with lots of the main features turned off! Why have sleep tracking or oxygen levels while sleeping if it doesn't even last the night having them features turned on!? Crazy 🤪 

I upgraded to this from a fitbit versa 1 and that was by FAR the better watch with 5-7 days continuous battery use and proper heart rate tracking all the time properly saved. 

The fitbit screen was obviously much more basic (so might explain some of the battery differences) but everything else is far superior, 

The screen on the galaxy is impressive but nothing amazing really compared to even the apple watches and I don't even like apple products😂 

My score for the galaxy watch 4 classic is 1/10 and that's almost purely due to the battery life and charging times, 

That's how disappointed I am with it and I've not got to try and sell it to go back to fitbit.

Absolute shame on you Samsung for allowing a product to be sold with such massive issues.

I've asked all my friends and work colleagues if they want to swap mine for thier fitbit and everyone of then refused due to the negative feedback these watches have. 

Sorry guys as I'm normally a massive fan of Samsung products as I own enough of them but this is an exeption... 

Fisky
9 REPLIES 9
Kene87
Pathfinder
Options
I have a 3 fitbits all different and I understand what you mean about the battery life it last about a week.

I have an apple watch and the battery life is terrible! Last a day.

I bought the galaxy watch 4 about 2 weeks ago and I like it, it's between a fitbit and apple watch. The battery life is between 3-4 days which is good.

How long have you had yours and have you discuss it with customer service?
0 Likes
Matthaus
Pioneer
Options
Battery life is good on mine easily lasts a couple of days
0 Likes
-Robot-
Samsung Members Star ★
Options
I have had Gw3 and have the GW4 now, I wished it had atleast 2 days charge but it doesn't, I get 1.5 days at best.
StuartR
Troubleshooter
Options
I've never ran my gw4 classic till it runs out of battery but I'd probably get two days out of it with nothing turned off.
0 Likes
Helwill
Apprentice
Options

I've just purchased a Watch4 (not classic) to and am also so disappointed in the battery. I am managing to scrape 24 hours out of it by turning off everything... WiFi, location, using flight mode whenever possible, health settings all to manual and barely using it for anything! If I use any functions... Timer, exercise training... It hammers the battery and I'm having to charge it twice a day. I love the watch and the Samsung fitness interface, but this is disappointing.

0 Likes
LaurenceGough
Pioneer
Options

The battery life is easily the worst thing about this watch. It's so poorly optimised if you could even use that word. 

0 Likes
DanParry
Explorer
Options
My only consistent complaint (aside ditching Tizen) is battery life. I get 22 hours before hitting the 15% panic point. Is it 2012? I was so chuffed with this watch until the battery drained in about 18 hours using the same settings as my Active 2. It has taken me months to figure out getting to some semblance of useful

Here's the thing, though, if I want the battery to last all day, it's at the cost of actually using it! If I do some measuring of vitals, or use some apps, I'll be charging it by 8pm

I want to love this watch, I really do, but I can't. I know the Samsung drill: Just get the 5! Apple must be proud
0 Likes
sj78
First Poster
Options
Swapped this watch from a versa 2.

Worst battery ever. Charging it twice per day. This is without everything turned on as suggested which kinda defeats the object of a smart watch.

Worst decision ever. Going to send it back
0 Likes
FK1983
Pathfinder
Options
I'm having to charge mine twice a day every day unless I turn off many of the features I bought a smartwatch for,

Total waste of money, avoid!
Fisky
0 Likes