Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About Galaxy Watch 4 Classic 4G LTE - Information on how the 4G version really works?

(Topic created on: 02-09-2021 10:01 AM)
Emmyfash
First Poster
Options

Pls can someone help me with the information on how the 4G version really works? I got the 4G version with my e sim on it, yet I couldn't receive calls and messages when I leave the house without my phone.  Do I still have to be a distance closer to my phone or can I stay totally away from my phone to get calls?

0 Likes
4 REPLIES 4
Rodney5
Explorer
Options
I have a similar problem with mine. Also, even when connected to my phone, the Google notes and Google play store apps often fail to connect. I have WiFi, 4G and Bluetooth enabled and available yet those two apps keep days "syncing" and "cannot connect, please retry". Very frustrating
0 Likes
papashaun
Troubleshooter
Options
Think it depends on your network provider- as far as I know Vodafone and EE have your watch itself connected directly to their networks so watch will still connect if phone is switched off however my understanding is that O2 have the watch routed through the phone over Internet via WiFi so although you don't need the phone with you, it still has to be switched on and connected to WiFi and have a mobile signal
( am happy to be corrected if I am wrong.but that is my understanding )
0 Likes
ynneL
Troubleshooter
Options
I also believe with O2 you need the call and text on other devices active too
0 Likes
Linsayloo1978
Explorer
Options
You can leave your phone in the house but it has to be turned on to receive calls and texts on the watch
0 Likes