Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

46mm watch charging problem

(Topic created on: 06-08-2022 05:46 PM)
GavinW
Journeyman
Options
Hi my watch charges to 100% but then starts uncharging and will drain down to 0%.. i am using the official samsung charger that was supplied with the watch. Anyone else had this problem or a solution?
0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
RyeB
Apprentice
Options
I have the same issue. I thought I wasn't putting it on charge properly
0 Likes
GavinW
Journeyman
Options
Definitely got it on charge properly ( buttons up). I did notice that the charger starts flashing red when its decharging. Annoying getting watch off charge with less battery than when I put it on there.
Is the watch broke or the charger. Is it a firmware issue?
Hopefully we will find out soon.
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Which 46mm watch are you talking about?
My official USB magnetic charger/dock which came in the box, does not have a red light on it. So which charger are you using?
0 Likes
GavinW
Journeyman
Options
I am using the USB magnetic charger/dock that was supplied with my Samsung galaxy 46mm watch. its called a sm-r800. The charger is orange when first plugged in, nothing when it's doing nothing, red when charging and flashing red when decharging and it used to go green when fully charged. It is the in the original charger. How do you know when your watch is charged?
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
I see you've got the Galaxy Watch. Mine is the Watch 4 Classic. My charger that came with it, either plugs into a USB slot on a computer or you can plug the charger into the charging brick of your phone. If, of course, you have a samsung charger with a removable USB cable that is.
My charger doesn't have any lights on it. I've noticed though, that my watch does stop charging once 100% is reached. Looks like the only way you can top up to 100% again is to lift the watch off it, then place it back on. I take it that is some safety feature.
I get a notification on my phone once the watch has reached 100% charge. Does your phone do that?
0 Likes
GavinW
Journeyman
Options
Not really the answer I'm looking for "Looks like the only way you can top up to 100% again is to lift the watch off it, then place it back on."
As that's what I have to do anyway.
My phone does not tell me its charged. I have to look at the light on the charger. Cant sit there and watch it charge, waiting for it to go green.

It never used to decharge. Would go green and stop charging.

Hopefully someone with the same watch as me will give me a solution soon.
0 Likes
Bigtasty65
Hotshot
Options
Fair enough, sorry I can't be any help. It's a shame you can't get at least a notification of being fully charged. Must be something to do with the software your watch has in comparison to the GW4.
0 Likes