Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Videos

Watch our latest videos to take a closer look on the top features and technological innovations of Samsung Mobile devices and appliances.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy Fold

AntS
Options

From our Newsroom article:

"The launch of the Galaxy Fold will herald the arrival of a whole new category of smartphones, introducing one of the most meaningful innovations in smartphone technology in the past decade. Samsung released a new video on April 15, ahead of the commercial launch of the device.

This video dramatises the device’s unique trait, the foldable screen, through a powerfully crafted dance performance, created by world-renowned choreographer Amy Gardner.

The film follows a dancer as she breaks free from rigidity and physical constraints. She moves through a period of self-exploration and into a state of self-realization that manifests in a powerful dance sequence. The film then resolves with the reveal of the Galaxy Fold, clasped in the dancer’s hand. The music is a modern reinterpretation of ‘Tom’s Diner’ from the critically acclaimed artist Santigold."

Tags (1)
17 Comments
AntS
Options

Just me, or anyone else getting a Skin from Skunk Anansie vibe from that vid? #90smtv

AntS
Options

Some "random" peeps encounter a Fold:

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

@AntS  lol,     anyway  thie fortunate might experience a few things  from The  Galaxy Fold :smiling-face:

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I'm actually both super excited and sceptical of the Fold, at one hand I believe its a great tech where Samsung is clearly leading the market with the latest tech. At the other hand I'm really afraid that the glass will wear/break over time after enough folding. Time will of course learn what is the truth.

That said, there is a clear focus in terms of build quality so that is definitely a good thing! :face-with-tears-of-joy:

AntS
Options

@SjorsK, Understandable concern about how the folding will fare over time. Lab tests show at least 200,000 folds/unfolds (or around 100 times a day for five years).

You may have seen it but there's a vid showing the folding test:

(I call it "Every day I'm foldin'"... )

Guess time (like you say) will show how real-world experience matches the lab tests though. 

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Ooohhhh, lovely video :winking-face: This confirms even more that there is a clear focus on durability (Which is great!). 

I always say (in the IT): Never underestimate what users do with their devices :winking-face: 

....Says the person who flushed once destroyed an original gameboy while flushing the toilet... :face-with-rolling-eyes: I was a poor kid ^^' 

I already see myself folding it out while sitting on it (Thats basically how I destroyed one of my older phones, which was my last non-Samsung phone :winking-face: ). Definitely something for me to destroy an expensive device in the most clumsy way ever :smiling-face::victory-hand:

AntS
Options

@SjorsK , LOL! I have a tendency to randomly break stuff - and my brother is even worse. Reckon you, me and him should be recruited for some QC product testing. :winking-face:  :face-with-tears-of-joy:

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Haha, believe me - thats one of the things I get paid for at the where I work. I love my toys :winking-face: 

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Ough, it seems that the fold got launch got postphoned. I guess that I was right with the durability issues (I really hoped that I was wrong ^^' ). At least Samsung does the sensible thing and addresses the issue :smiling-face:

Still, the fold is a great product and I can't wait to play with it ^-^ I'm still convinced that its a vision of the future of smartphones.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Certain important that issues are ironed out, think needs to be  more thorough testing.  Obviously still a  lot of potential but important consumers have faith in the product.   Have seen a few reports, here is one from The Verge

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options
SjorsK
Maestro
Options

Delaying is the right choice and I'm glad that we already had a glimpse of the future 😁👍

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Just speculation at the moment (likely some time off)  and we have seen the need for thorough testing, however just recently in public domain that Samsung filed a patent for a Galaxy  Roll in November  2018. Patent   https://www.techradar.com/news/forget-the-galaxy-fold-we-could-get-the-samsung-galaxy-roll

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

News that the problem with the Galaxy Fold has apparently been solved: design improvements to protect the screen.

"The top and bottom of the hinge area have been strengthened with newly added protection caps. Additional metal layers underneath the Infinity Flex Display have been included to reinforce the protection of the display. The space between the hinge and body of Galaxy Fold has been reduced".

More details in the following article from The Verge which features the Samsung US  link  https://news.samsung.com/us/galaxy-fold-ready-for-launch-september-2019/ , was also featured on BBC News site-Business section.  https://www.theverge.com/2019/7/24/20726487/samsung-galaxy-fold-fixed-price-new-release-date

SjorsK
Maestro
Options

I had the chance to play with the fold myself and wow... It really feels and looks great! ^-^ I will probably go for the Note10+ instead in the nearby future because pricing reasons :winking-face: But the fold is truly an ambitious product that convinced me that its the future :smiling-face: 

...Plus, now it doesn't break that easily  :winking-face: also important.  

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

A review of the Samsung Fold following the tweaks, though one just purchased from a London store  and user  not had sufficient time for a definite analysis- more videos will be on CNET's  You Tube Channel in due course.  However  initial finding was positive, though some improvement suggestions. https://www.cnet.com/news/galaxy-fold-my-first-day-with-samsungs-new-and-improved-foldable-phone-han...

Richa Adhia
First Poster
Options

The biggest mistake I ever made! Do not buy the galaxy fold.

I switched to Samsung just for this design but what a joke of a repair center they have.

I have a one and a half year old galaxy fold that I have never dropped and protect with my life and all of a sudden it gets 3 tiny pixel marks ( in different spots). The warranty center completely refuses to fix it saying I caused a dent ( nothing is visible on the outside screen). when I insist they send a pic of the so called dent, I receive a blur image explaining its on the center. however, I still have 2 other pixels on other parts of the screen with no explanation as to how they got there. All they are after is our money and just want me to pay for a new display for nothing. 

These pixel marks are so tiny Im still trying to crack my head as to how I supposedly even caused them...

plus, the phone is impossible to us when open and when trying to speak on a call, you can hardly hear the person on the other end....

waste of money!!!