Before you connect to your tv, do the following:
1. connect your AirPods to your phone
2. make sure you have Siri connected to your AirPods (example, if you say Hey Siri, your AirPods will summon Siri)
3. Tell Siri to lower/raise the volume
4. you can always double check this by checking the phone volume on the AirPods.
5. Once you lower or raise volume of your AirPods through your phone you can disconnect them from your phone and connect them to your Samsung tv. That should work, I just did it myself.
This works for me. I still can't control the volume from tv but at least after I increased the volume while it was connected to my iPhone or MacBook, then only I connect to the tv.
... View more