Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zoom video conferencing

(Topic created on: 09-05-2020 07:41 AM)
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi all, just bought a UE55RU7020KXXU Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR LED TV.  I want to zoom with friends tonight and not sure if I can do this via the tv?  I serached to put it on as an app but cant get it, I t can sign in to account on the internet on TV.  Can anyone let me know if it can be done and talk me through what to do?  Thanks

33 REPLIES 33
DrPepper1
Explorer
Options

Hi I am original poster.  I zoomed on my phone again this week, I went into smart view and where you usually select a device in smart view i.e. your tv. there is a pull down menu, click on mirror screen and it should work, good luck 

Ec9
First Poster
Options

I have tried everything to access zoom on my tv & nothing works. Pretty please can someone help me???

0 Likes
aspromalee
Student
Options

I can smartview to cast my video to my TV while on Zoom, but cannot get the audio to follow.  We use Zoom for church, and my tablet audio just isn't loud enough unless it is right in front of me.  But I want my family to hear too.  I've tried looking under the Smartview search (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Smart-View-Audio-Issue/td-p/839417/page/3) but cannot find a solution that works.  Using a Samsung Tab Pro.

JAMES4578
Samsung Members Star ★★
Options

Whilst I got screen mirroring to work  fine using Smart Things, previously was an issue with the Smart View app  when I selected it via my folder.

However following method seemed to work,  though was only quick check with Zoom.

1. Drop down the top menu, and select the SmartView Icon, it will say Phone-other Device-select a device to mirror phone screen or play content.
  2. Device will  now search for available devices
  3. When it appears, tap your TV to connect
  4. If asked, enter the PIN that appears on screen
  5. By tapping on the SmartView floating icon, you can adjust the screen ratio, to extend your display to adapt to either your TV or your phone/ tablet screen.

I do not work for Samsung or make Samsung Products but provide independent advice and valuable contributions.

0 Likes
AntS
Options

@aspromalee wrote:

I can smartview to cast my video to my TV while on Zoom, but cannot get the audio to follow.  We use Zoom for church, and my tablet audio just isn't loud enough unless it is right in front of me.  But I want my family to hear too.  I've tried looking under the Smartview search (https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/Other-Smartphones/Smart-View-Audio-Issue/td-p/839417/page/3) but cannot find a solution that works.  Using a Samsung Tab Pro.

Doubtful that getting the audio to follow is possible, sadly. One of our AV experts advised that:

"When Screen Mirroring Zoom, or any other video conferencing software from a Smartphone or Tablet, the sound will never come through the TV speakers.

Video conferencing software relies on the fact that it knows which device the sound is being reporduced on, and so knows the exact timing of it.  If it were to allow the TV to make the sound, there would be no way of cancelling that audio from the microphone on the device running the software, and so it would end in a feedback mess."

Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options

Hi, I have tried zoom on my phone and then share to my samsungTV via smartview. It works but there's no audio on my TV..  Audio is still from my phone. Any help or advice? thks

Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options

Yes, manage to zoom on tv via smartview from my phone but there is no audio from TV. The audio is still from my phone. The irritating thing is it only happens for ZOOM or JITSI meet. Others e.g YouTube or FB no problem, the sound comes from TV. Any advice? thanks

0 Likes
Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options

James, zoom via smartview to TV, no audio from TV. Audio is still from the phone eventhough I tried via smarthings.

Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options
I have exactly the same problem. The sound is still coming from the phone, not TV and it isn't loud enough.
Ipohgirl8
Journeyman
Options
Sadly, Apple Airplay is able to achieve that. Zoom views and sound all cast onto the TV.