Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube videos with 4K option don´t appear with 4K option on the quality list on youtube app in Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 04:50 AM)
fausk
Apprentice
Options

I have a Samsung Smart TV UN65HU8500, its connected ti high speed internet.

When I use the Youtube app on the Samsung TV, videos that have the 4K symbol next to, when you go to set the resolution to 4K will not appear in the list. The max option displayed is always 1080p.

If I connect a PC to the same videos, and access youtube, I'm able to play the same video select the 4k and stream it perfectly.

How to I set get the 4k option to appear in the Samsung smart TV youtube app and get the videos to play in 4K.

Having spent thousands of $ on a 4K TV, I am not happy with this product that a simple youtube app isnt playing in 4K.

Any assistance would be appreciated.

11 REPLIES 11
Redrooster
Explorer
Options
Use the web browser. YouTube works in 4K on there.
0 Likes
iassenev
Student
Options

I have the same very same problem with the UE55HU8500 model.
Is there any plan to update the YouTube application or video/audio codecs it needs to view 4k videos in the YouTube application?

0 Likes
iassenev
Student
Options

I've just tried to use a browser to watch 4k/8k videos on youtube, but only 360p quality is available.

YouTube - is a critical functionality. Please, consider an update of it.

Also, please let us update the browser to something working, not crashing: Chrome, Firefox, etc.

0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
I think the you tube app already supports 4k i only have a HDTV so have do not have any extra options myself when I use it with my xbox one buy on my pc I get to be able to watch it at a higher frame rate
0 Likes
r1cky13
Helping Hand
Options
well yeah the resolution for a 4k stream is 2160p I found this on the Sony site I no there competitors but it may help i guess https://www.sony.com.sg/electronics/support/articles/00157540
0 Likes
ppaillapan
Student
Options

I call to YouTube support for app TV. I notice the issue in my UN model start after the last update at lease in Argentina. They told me that should be reported and will be add to the next update. But I think this will not be solved. Since they want we migrate to a new model as always samsung did. Obsolete scheduled.

0 Likes
miesto
First Poster
Options

just noticed this week. i have the un50js7000 i found other forums where they're saying its on youtubes end and videos higher than 24 frames per second. i have no idea i just wanted to watch mouse traps in 4k.

https://eu.community.samsung.com/t5/tv/samsung-youtube-app-not-playing-videos-above-720p/td-p/229267...

0 Likes
xxs
Journeyman
Options

Same issue - higher resolution ones just fail and 1080p breaks... on WiFi. I've connected it directly to the router and it's ok.

Needless to say it's not an issue with the network speed - WiFi is around 90Mbit/s and wire is less 78Mbit/s using fast.com and the built-in browser.  (Desktop/laptops/etc. would get 300Mbit/s and I'd consider the lower speed on the TV to be a CPU limit).

I'd say it's a bug in the WiFi driver; it is not the Youtube app, itself.

SO SAMSUNG, fix the WiFi driver  - it's quite a shameful act not doing anything with so many reports.

0 Likes
ppaillapan
Student
Options

This is not applicable for all of us. I'm using ethernet cable with 300mbit and the issue still is present. The actual diagnosis of one of the users is more accurate. The issue is only present with video uploaded at 4k 60fps 

The videos at 4k 30fps works ok

0 Likes