Close

What are you looking for?

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Youtube stuck on 4k videos after update to 1310.4 (Q8DN)

(Topic created on: 18-11-2020 03:15 PM)
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I cannot play 4k videos on youtube after this update to 1310.4 and when i play videos they come in 360p and after that if i set them to 4k they stuck on loading screen forever.

I tried to reset the Youtube app, reinstall it, use it without an account, but nothing helps.

I took a speedtest on my TV and i have ~310mbps download speed.

If i try to access youtube from tv internet browser is works very well on 4k60fps and so on.

28 REPLIES 28
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

I have the same issue. At version1300.4 it was working fine, Youtube with 4k videos... but now I cannot see videos at youtube app fluently after installing 1310.4.

My tv is Q7FN 2018.

Any idea what we can do?

le_florin did you tried factory reset?

Thanks

Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Tried that but didnt help

Also see this topic https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/Youtube-issues-after-update-ver-1310-4-Q9FN/td-p/...

they have the same problem.

0 Likes
Joanal1983
Explorer
Options

ty...

0 Likes
JH33
Explorer
Options

I got the update last night and have sporadic issues with YouTube 4k now. I tried the trailer mentioned on the US forum and it was fine, but other content switches down to 360.

As people have already logged with Samsung, I sent a report to YouTube. Might be best if more people do that too, so we've covered both angles.

You can do this in settings on the TV app, and it sends the report from the TV, and they give a link to fill in more information too, which you can do from phone, tablet etc.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

I reported the problem from tv youtube app, 2 weeks ago for many videos, but nothing has changed.

0 Likes
JH33
Explorer
Options

When I was watching the stats for nerds it seemed that it gave no buffer safety, normally it's 10 or so seconds. So is the app reducing the bandwith perhaps?

Works fine in the web browser version, and other 4k streaming on other apps.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

Yes, youtube works even in 8K in pc browser without any problems.

0 Likes
Anonymous User
Not applicable
Options

any news about this problem? when this will be resolved?

0 Likes
alemnafa
Apprentice
Options

Same exactly issue here with Q6FNA after upgrading to ver1310.4. Connection speed in nerd stats is over 75mbps-120mbps and it seems it just stops loading data, showing the network activity in 0kb for far too long until the buffer runs out and quality goes to 360p. Very frustrating