Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Music Not Playing on Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 25-04-2023 03:52 PM)
JosefS
First Poster
Options

Model: Samsung TV UE50MU6172
Software version: T-KTMDEUC_1300.3 (up to date)

Even this latest software version contains the defect that makes it impossible to play any YouTube Music song or playlist containg such a track on the TV. As before it shows the cover of the song with a buffering logo for a few seconds, then the following error is being displayed.
Error: Something went wrong. Unknown Audio Playback Error Playback ID: (different ID for different songs)

What is new with this update and makes it even worse  is that when clicking on a normal YouTube video or stream after this error no video is being shown, only a static thumbnail. The issue persists until the YouTube application is reset within the settings menu or the TV is disconnect from power supply to reset.

I am afraid this defect renders the TV quite impossible to be used with YouTube.

16 REPLIES 16
Tekhed580
First Poster
Options

Same issue here on my series 8 65. And it lives at the centre of my home theatre/music centre as the main media player. And youtube music is my main platform, Hard to believe this is still going on a year later. 🥲😪

0 Likes
The7thCylon
First Poster
Options

Same here... I'm really getting sick and tired of paying for something that doesn't work. Just fix it already!

0 Likes
Sarpdaltaban
Apprentice
Options

Hey! Anyone wants to solve this?

TV: ue50mu6172 

I don't want to subscribe spotify because of a simple bug your engineers don't intend to solve!
Unknown Audio Playback Error: buffering timeout

Youtube, music 

0 Likes
Decross
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. It used to work when I bought the TV and then some update made it stop working.

Samsung does not even look at this forum. It's a crappy company.

0 Likes
mercurio2054
First Poster
Options

Same problem here, model UN55MU6163,  i think i have like 3 years like this.

0 Likes
Hurr1cane
First Poster
Options

I also experience this problem on model 50MU6102. For a company this big, this is a disgrace. I will write anti commercial messages on every social platform I encounter

0 Likes
RearEchelon
First Poster
Options

Same problem here. Have submitted report after report but I guess Samsung doesn't give a F since they've already got my money. I've already sworn off Samsung phones and appliances, now I'm swearing off the company as a whole. I stg they'll never get another cent from me as long as I live. Their software SUCKS, regardless of what the device is. TouchWiz sucked, and Tizen sucks. I'm done.

0 Likes