Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YouTube Music Not Playing on Samsung TV

(Topic created on: 23-12-2021 11:13 PM)
JosefS
First Poster
Options

Model: Samsung TV UE50MU6172
Software version: T-KTMDEUC_1300.3 (up to date)

Even this latest software version contains the defect that makes it impossible to play any YouTube Music song or playlist containg such a track on the TV. As before it shows the cover of the song with a buffering logo for a few seconds, then the following error is being displayed.
Error: Something went wrong. Unknown Audio Playback Error Playback ID: (different ID for different songs)

What is new with this update and makes it even worse  is that when clicking on a normal YouTube video or stream after this error no video is being shown, only a static thumbnail. The issue persists until the YouTube application is reset within the settings menu or the TV is disconnect from power supply to reset.

I am afraid this defect renders the TV quite impossible to be used with YouTube.

16 REPLIES 16
Dendroid
Student
Options

I am experiencing exactly the same issue on my UE55MU7000. All software up to date. A video will play OK but any playlists or albums I have in Youtube music just buffer and then get an error message. I've sent reports from the error page over months but with no improvement. Not good enough Samsung. 

andresmmujica
First Poster
Options

same issue here!

Members_w7lyM28
First Poster
Options

same issue ue50mu6122, I am so dissapointed, Samsung will be worst and worst on smart tv, tizen internet explorer already unuseable, tizen is not updateable

Isbjørn
First Poster
Options

I can also testify I have the same issue on my Samsung smart TV. At least since I moved to this house, so it means that maybe never worked here (I moved in in September). It's frustrating, seems to be a problem for 2010, should not be seen in 2022....

Dauson
Explorer
Options

Same issue on Samsung UE49MU6202 since mid of 2021 August.

YouTube app version: "web_20220119_10_RC00"
TV software version: T-KTMDEUC-1300.3

From Hungary

RayneR
Explorer
Options

Hi from Portugal, I have the same issue on a 55MU6645U curved smart tv.

I don't use YouTube often on TV but it's frustrating when I do. I'm also on the latest 1300.3 firmware and the problem is there.

Last Samsung TV I will get. 

porkhead
First Poster
Options

Just like the new ads that started appearing in the menu of some Samsung TV's a year or 2 after the TV's were bought that can't be removed, the best solution is to stop buying Samsung products. They won't acknowledge this issue with YouTube Music tracks not working, and it won't ever get fixed unfortunately.

Dendroid
Student
Options

Agreed. I'm looking for a new TV now and I won't be buying Samsung.

0 Likes
Dauson
Explorer
Options

I created the issue ticket into a Google tracker, but the admin marked as a "Infeasible"...
https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/244960364

Samsung....Google..... help for us!

0 Likes