Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

YouTube displays black screen instead of playing selected video

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 01:05 PM)
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Model QE65Q95TALXXN. When I go into the YouTube app lately it seems that the search pages of YouTube work fine, but when you select a video to play you just get a black screen. 

• Tried logging out of the account and back in
  • Tried reinstalling the YouTube app
  • Tried turning the TV off and back on again
  • Tried logging in as a different user
  • Tried watching the same video on other devices on the same network and had no problemsTV About with YouTube behindTV About with YouTube behind
0 Likes
Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
dracula78
Journeyman
Options

If you check your YouTube TV app version (it's the bottom option in the app settings) you can see that it's actually loading in an app from the web. For me this is web_20210908_09_RC00 which sounds pretty fresh.

So even if you don't update the TV app itself, it will still get updated regularly. So keep checking (and keep reporting) and it will magically fix itself.

0 Likes
Sinaneissi
First Poster
Options

Yes! It seems to be fixed I haven't had the black s

0 Likes
Sinaneissi
First Poster
Options

Yes! It seems to be fixed, I haven't had the black screen for a few days now 🤞😅

0 Likes
Epaminondas
Student
Options

You are right! The TV software has not updated, but the YT App version is now the one you have. It seems like they have fixed something. At last!

0 Likes
bitcat
First Poster
Options

The issue resolved for me after unplugging the TV for 15 minutes after  trying just about everything else.  Not sure if it was just the long power cycle or a combination of other steps plus a power cycle.

I just had this problem lasting over 24 hours.  There was recently a youtube update before the issue started.   My specs:

TV:  UN40NU7100
Youtube app:  web_20220629_10_RC00

I tried everything from the original post plus 

• resetting the youtube app
  • resetting system network settings
  • system setup (I was expecting a factory reset but It was more of a light reset)

After all of that with no progress I unplugged the TV.  Plugged it back in for another round and it's working.

0 Likes