Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Go to solution Solved

YouTube displays black screen instead of playing selected video

(Topic created on: 08-11-2020 01:05 PM)
naskew
Journeyman
Options

Model QE65Q95TALXXN. When I go into the YouTube app lately it seems that the search pages of YouTube work fine, but when you select a video to play you just get a black screen. 

• Tried logging out of the account and back in
  • Tried reinstalling the YouTube app
  • Tried turning the TV off and back on again
  • Tried logging in as a different user
  • Tried watching the same video on other devices on the same network and had no problemsTV About with YouTube behindTV About with YouTube behind
0 Likes
Go to solution
24 REPLIES 24
GoranHR
First Poster
Options

Samsing UE65KS7650 have same problem lately. Youtube give full black screen. All other app on TV work fine, even youtube kids, but original YT give black screen.

Last update was long ago and this TV series are not updating anymore. Model is 2016/17 Quantum dot series and price was 2000 €.

Samsung simply want you to buy new TV, new few thousand €.

😀🙋‍♂️

0 Likes
dracula78
Journeyman
Options

For me, the problem got fixed upon the next youtube app update. Note that it's only a remote web app that they update, which gets loaded in the YouTube app on your TV.

https://support.google.com/youtube/thread/91470522?hl=en

0 Likes
Aslatts1995
First Poster
Options

Thank you for posting this comment. My dad's tv had the same issue (black screen when playing videos) and resetting the app worked.

0 Likes
Epaminondas
Student
Options

TV Model UE65NU8005TXXC (It’s a 4K 65” Smart TV, purchased in Spain in 2019).

Since a month ago, when I select a video from YT, the screen goes black. (The rest of the apps work OK). I can get it back to work (sometimes) by a) Reinstalling the app or b) Resetting YouTube. Sometimes it works for a day, sometimes a few hours.

I am utterly frustrated. I have searched the net widely and have tried everything except an exorcism! I even keep a log of my attempts to solve this.

I contacted Samsung and they reset the TV remotely. That even worsened the problem and made it more frequent. Today I have contacted a local Samsung Service and, upon hearing about the kind of problem I have, they told me they could change the TV’s motherboard, but they could not guarantee this would solve the issue, as it seemed most strange. It doesn’t seem an uncommon problem to me as the Internet is full of proposed solutions to this problem. Please help!

0 Likes
Sinaneissi
First Poster
Options

I have the same exact problem on a 2019 65 inch nu8000 model. YouTube works but when i select a video it doesn't play and I end up with a black screen. I have tried everything from reinstalling the app multiple times to resetting the TV which only seems to solve the problem for a day or two. The only cause for this problem that I can think of is the recent YouTube app update. So I am now waiting for the next YouTube app update to see if it will solve the issue. 

0 Likes
Epaminondas
Student
Options

Thank you for your feedback! Do you know if there is any possibility of rolling back to the previous YT app? I know a new app update might take years.

0 Likes
Sinaneissi
First Poster
Options

I am not sure if rollback is possible, however I have found a temporary fix by changing the language in YouTube settings. This seems to work for a while before the black screen is back. 

0 Likes
Epaminondas
Student
Options

I will try it, but I am skeptical. Since I bought the TV, the system language has been in Spanish and my YT language, English (US). This has not proved a problem until a month ago. But I am willing to try anything. Thanks!

0 Likes
BamaBlitz
Student
Options

I am having the exact same issue recently. Was working great until today. I have the a Samsung Q80 Series 75" Just bought it last year. I am very frustrated as every APP works fine and YouTube TV works until you select a channel and it goes completely black. They really need to fix this issue!!!!! Any help is greatly appreciated, I have tried everything but cannot get it to work properly.

0 Likes
Epaminondas
Student
Options

If it helps and gives you some hope, after trying absolutely everything and having given up after more than a month, it seems to have fixed itself. ??? There has not been any upgrades or new YT apps. This is very baffling!

0 Likes